KL-01 "L" code cams

V6 Technical/Performance Discussions
Oliver

KL-01 "L" code cams

Post by Oliver »

So I bought some of these camshafts for my little K8 engine and I was just wondering a few things before the install. I've read posts on this board saying that the intake cams would be and increase but the exhaust cams wouldn't work well with the K8. So I'm asking the proffesionals(You guys) wheather I should swap both intake and exhaust cams, or leave my K8 exhaust cams in my K8? From what I was told the KL intake cam opens sooner and the exhaust cam opens a bit later.<p>KL cams
intake: Open 8 BTDC Close 47 ABDC
exhaust: Open 50 BBDC Close 5 ATDC<p>I don't have the K8 specifications, and I don't know much about cam timing and the benifits and dissadvantages of sooner opening and closing times, so any information would be great. Also, I'm going to pick up some intake spacers (Worth the money????). I'm sorry I can't get a before after dyno, or even 1/4 mile times. But I can get you before after race information. I'm dead even with my friends '99 z24 cav untill he hits 4th gear. Thats about 5000prm in 3rd for my GS I think. I don't know if he blew a shift or what, but I absolutly flew past him and kicked him by over a car length in our gps marked 1/4 mile. We did a bunch of starts and we were neck and neck each time off the line and through 3rd for me, as for the full 1/4 I can't give acurate info. I'm hoping these cams give me the power off the line to pull past him right away and hopfully not lose much high end power so I can destroy him by the end of the 1/4 :roll: . Sorry about the long post, what do you guys think???
Oh yeah, critasism is more than welcome and I won't take offense to any posts. Just please back your posts with factual proof. Thanks.
Oliver

Re: KL-01 "L" code cams

Post by Oliver »

Oh yeah, is there anything else that I should be doing for performance gains and or normall maintanance while I have my engine apart? Heres what i'm doing so far.
-cam springs
-timing belt
-cam swap
-Gaskets and seals
-Intake spacers
lazzyie

Re: KL-01 "L" code cams

Post by lazzyie »

water pump, If I remember right the kl intake cam is slightly more aggresive than the k8 cams good for maybe 5-10hp :shrug:<p>[ June 27, 2003: Message edited by: lazzyie ]</p>
93 Mx-3 GS klze swapped(sold)
96 Integra LS DD
91 Crx Si drag car
2.0L sleeved gsr block, forged internals, skunk2 valvetrain, HP racing intake manifold, Holset H1 turbo, 1000cc injectors, short geared lsd transmission, 3" turboback exhaust. 20 psi :)

Return to “V6 Technical/Performance”