KLZE swap need help ASAP

V6 Technical/Performance Discussions
dkrangers

KLZE swap need help ASAP

Post by dkrangers »

I need to decide about the swap before Monday. What I need to know is what are the positives with the Mazda speed motor mounts? And is it ok not to resurface the flywheel when I but in the new ACT MX-6 clutch? Thanks a lot

Re: KLZE swap need help ASAP

Post by Guest »

ummm amzda speed mounts arent nessecary if your mounts are in good working order, if they are worn then you should replace them. I honestly dont know how to tell though. I think you would only need to resurface the flywheel if it needs it or if you want to shave some wieght off, if it hasnt been touched in a while then it might need it. When I replaced my clutch in febuary it was re-surfaced because it was all rough and rusty.
Zoso124
Forum Moderator
antispam: No

Post by Zoso124 »

<blockquote><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><hr>Originally posted by dkrangers:
I need to decide about the swap before Monday. What I need to know is what are the positives with the Mazda speed motor mounts? And is it ok not to resurface the flywheel when I but in the new ACT MX-6 clutch? Thanks a lot<hr></blockquote><p>Well when motor mounts wear the engine moves around in the engine bay much easier, if you can hit the throttle and see the engine dance back and forth its time for a new set. Your the only one who can be the judge of this. As for the resurfacing of the flywheel.... When you resurface or break the glaze on the steel where the clutch disc presses the flywheel it lets the disc grab the flywheel better, when you have alot of miles on a flywheel it gets that baked on glaze that needs taken off when putting on a new clutch. Why take the chance? I know that clutch wasn't cheap, don't rush into the swap until you have everything you need to do it right so you don't have to go back later to fix something.
Mike Evans
Gone:
92 GS Tropical Emerald MTX 2.5L
93 GS Raspberry Metallic SE MTX 1.8L
lazzyie

Post by lazzyie »

<blockquote><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><hr>Originally posted by Zoso124:

don't rush into the swap until you have everything you need to do it right so you don't have to go back later to fix something.
<hr></blockquote><p>I am living proof of this. Do it right the first time!!!
93 Mx-3 GS klze swapped(sold)
96 Integra LS DD
91 Crx Si drag car
2.0L sleeved gsr block, forged internals, skunk2 valvetrain, HP racing intake manifold, Holset H1 turbo, 1000cc injectors, short geared lsd transmission, 3" turboback exhaust. 20 psi :)
dewthis

Post by dewthis »

on my experience with the swap you better go ahead and dothe mounts while you have the motor out. I didnot and had to go back later and have the shop do it..and it was not cheap. What i did with my flywheel was took a hand held air grinderwih a plastic grinding pad and took the glaze off myself, i didnt my buddy did he is a really goodfab man. just my 2 cents
65 shot > V8

Return to “V6 Technical/Performance”