Motor mounts

V6 Technical/Performance Discussions
Cage

Motor mounts

Post by Cage »

The good news I won the race (S2000)(Large dealership closed Parking lot) The bad news I tore my front and maybe my rear motor mount. Question:
Should I go with Mazdaspeed mounts or should I go with custom Poly Mounts from AWR Racing. Can someone with experiance on this tell me what are the advantages and Cons? What would you do ?
I am not a big racer just was having a little fun that day. Dynoed at my car at 168 Hp at the wheels KL-ZE.<p>Thanks
Cage
lazzyie

Re: Motor mounts

Post by lazzyie »

well I would get the mazdaspeed front and rear mounts and go to home depot and polyfill them myself. See Cage the motor was fine and all that naysaying about Millenia ZE's :) .
93 Mx-3 GS klze swapped(sold)
96 Integra LS DD
91 Crx Si drag car
2.0L sleeved gsr block, forged internals, skunk2 valvetrain, HP racing intake manifold, Holset H1 turbo, 1000cc injectors, short geared lsd transmission, 3" turboback exhaust. 20 psi :)
Nd4SpdSe

Post by Nd4SpdSe »

is there any place that sell MazdaSpeed motor mounts other than CorkSport?
1992 Mazda Mx-3 GSR - 2.5L KLZE : Award Winning Show Car & Race Car ['02-'09] (Retired)
2004 Mazda RX-8 GT - Renesis Wankel : LS3 Coils, BHR Mid-Pipe + Falken RT-615K 245/40r18
2011 Mazda Mazda2 GS - 1.5L Manual : Yozora Edition (1 of 500)
2003 Nissan Xterra SE - 4x4 Supercharged : 2" Body Lift, 4" Suspension Lift & 33" MTR Kevlar
2001 Nissan Frontier SE - The Frontrailer : Expedition/Off-Road Trailer Project
lazzyie

Post by lazzyie »

Mazdaspeed.net
93 Mx-3 GS klze swapped(sold)
96 Integra LS DD
91 Crx Si drag car
2.0L sleeved gsr block, forged internals, skunk2 valvetrain, HP racing intake manifold, Holset H1 turbo, 1000cc injectors, short geared lsd transmission, 3" turboback exhaust. 20 psi :)
IvsD

Post by IvsD »

Anywhere sell solid mounts??
Zoso124
Forum Moderator
antispam: No

Post by Zoso124 »

You don't wanna use solid mounts. You get way too much engine vibration in the cab. I've known one other MX-3er who has done it and his car was set up for drag racing, he only left it for about a week because it was intolerable.
Mike Evans
Gone:
92 GS Tropical Emerald MTX 2.5L
93 GS Raspberry Metallic SE MTX 1.8L
Cage

Post by Cage »

<blockquote><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><hr>Originally posted by lazzyie:
well I would get the mazdaspeed front and rear mounts and go to home depot and polyfill them myself. See Cage the motor was fine and all that naysaying about Millenia ZE's :) .<hr></blockquote><p>So it is a good idea to poly fill Mazdaspeed mounts? I thought the idea was to order them so you wouldn't need poly because they are 30% stiffer. There I go naysaying again :D <p>Thanks,
Cage
IvsD

Post by IvsD »

<blockquote><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><hr>Originally posted by Zoso124:
You don't wanna use solid mounts. You get way too much engine vibration in the cab. I've known one other MX-3er who has done it and his car was set up for drag racing, he only left it for about a week because it was intolerable.<hr></blockquote><p>I don't drive an MX3.<p>I have used solid mounts in a few of my other cars.....I was wondering if anyone made solid mounts.
Zoso124
Forum Moderator

Post by Zoso124 »

no
Mike Evans
Gone:
Steeb

Post by Steeb »

how bout putting softer polyurethane instead
Zoso124
Forum Moderator

Post by Zoso124 »

Yes you can buy the stuff in a caulking tube at Home Depot. Haven't done it yet but one of the harder ones is Shore A or something or other. Anyone help us on this one?
Mike Evans
Gone:
lakersfan1

Post by lakersfan1 »

I just ordered Shore A 60 to fill my 626 motor mounts.

If it isn't too stiff, maybe I'll do my MX3 mounts too.

<small>[ January 28, 2004, 07:56 PM: Message edited by: lakersfan1 ]</small>
Street-Import
Supporting Member

Post by Street-Import »

Hey guys, that link mazdaspeed.net isnt working... anyone know another place than corksport to buy mazdaspeed stuff?

Also I was wondering, would it work well to fill up the OEM engine mount with the Polyfill? I dont want to speed 350$CDN on engine mount, and if it help I might do it as well while I am swapping...

Let me know, and anyone have the exact product # to buy at home depot, and some kind of instructions for it.

thanks alot

<small>[ January 29, 2004, 11:35 AM: Message edited by: Pat ]</small>
lakersfan1

Post by lakersfan1 »

From what I could find on the net about the filling method, you have to order from McMaster Carr or Grainger. I ordered from McMaster. Go to http://www.mcmaster.com and type in 'flexible urethane' into the seach box. Click the link, and at the bootom will be your options. You want the flexible urethane, either 60A, 80A, or 94A. The higher the number, the harder the urethane. The DIY FYI I found is here:

http://www.nx2k.com/nx2000/hd_mounts.htm

Return to “V6 Technical/Performance”