KLZE tranny ASAP

V6 Technical/Performance Discussions
dkrangers

KLZE tranny ASAP

Post by dkrangers »

When people swapped there engines did they use the ZE tranny or the MX-3 5 speed tranny with a MX-6 clutch? I know people use the mx-6 clutches but they don't say if they used the same tranny. Also do I need a 2.5 mass air flow sensor or just my 1.8 sensor. Also I am going to get belts, gasket set, spark plugs, and clutch. Do I need anything else or would anyone reccommend anything else.
lazzyie

Re: KLZE tranny ASAP

Post by lazzyie »

I would contact mazdaspeed.net and get a set of mazdaspeed motor mounts for the Mx-3. <p>If you want you can get a KLZE ecu(I sell them). <p>As for the transmission, if I could do it all over again I would have gotten a used mx-6 5 speed transmission they have a taller 5th gear but if your Mx-3 tranny is doing ok you can use that one. <p>Keep the mx-3 flywheel get a few pounds milled off of it and get it resurfaced. <p>I noticed you have a 93, since you have the earlier model you have to either tap a hole for a temp sensor(passenger side water inlet) or swap the whole water inlet from the k8. <p>If you swap the inlet I would also change the timing belt and water pump while you are there.<p>[ June 13, 2003: Message edited by: lazzyie ]</p>
93 Mx-3 GS klze swapped(sold)
96 Integra LS DD
91 Crx Si drag car
2.0L sleeved gsr block, forged internals, skunk2 valvetrain, HP racing intake manifold, Holset H1 turbo, 1000cc injectors, short geared lsd transmission, 3" turboback exhaust. 20 psi :)
dkrangers

Post by dkrangers »

Lazzyie,
How much for an ECU? Ya I have a '93 with a K8 1.8L V6 engine. Are you talking about a '93 KLZE engine or my '93 1.8L V6? But I dont need the ZE tranny just a MX-6 gearbox.
lazzyie

Post by lazzyie »

The water inlet from your 1.8 liter v6 will need to be swapped on to the klze you get. You dont need a new transmission Mx-6 gearboxes just have taller gearing. As for the ecu I have sent you a PM.
Shawn F.
93 Mx-3 GS klze swapped(sold)
96 Integra LS DD
91 Crx Si drag car
2.0L sleeved gsr block, forged internals, skunk2 valvetrain, HP racing intake manifold, Holset H1 turbo, 1000cc injectors, short geared lsd transmission, 3" turboback exhaust. 20 psi :)

Return to “V6 Technical/Performance”