K8-Compatible Cars?

V6 Technical/Performance Discussions
Nd4SpdSe

K8-Compatible Cars?

Post by Nd4SpdSe »

Well, after i do my KLZE swap, i'll have an extra engine sitting around with only 135'000 Km's on it. I was thinking of selling it but mydad suggested finding a scrap car with no engine and plopping her in. So im just wondering what makes/models/years of cars will easilly take my old 1.8l v6?<p>By easy i mean something like KLZE swap easy, cause i was hopeing of doing it myself. Since, i'll still have my mx-3 as a daily driver, i can work and learn on the other, and have a winter beater in the end.
1992 Mazda Mx-3 GSR - 2.5L KLZE : Award Winning Show Car & Race Car ['02-'09] (Retired)
2004 Mazda RX-8 GT - Renesis Wankel : LS3 Coils, BHR Mid-Pipe + Falken RT-615K 245/40r18
2011 Mazda Mazda2 GS - 1.5L Manual : Yozora Edition (1 of 500)
2003 Nissan Xterra SE - 4x4 Supercharged : 2" Body Lift, 4" Suspension Lift & 33" MTR Kevlar
2001 Nissan Frontier SE - The Frontrailer : Expedition/Off-Road Trailer Project
Custommx3
Site Administrator
antispam: ~SPAM*SUX~

Re: K8-Compatible Cars?

Post by Custommx3 »

LOL... well. Anything thats the same chasis as an mx-3 or a K series engine it should fit... if theres room. But engine swaps are expensive, and if I was gonna spend the money, I wouldnt be swapping in a k8.
sheller

Post by sheller »

My suggestion would be to keep an eye out for another MX-3 that has a blown engine. You know that will fit and no one will think twice about buying an MX-3 with a K8 in it. :)
Steve
Nd4SpdSe

Post by Nd4SpdSe »

<blockquote><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><hr>You know that will fit and no one will think twice about buying an MX-3 with a K8 in it. <hr></blockquote><p>Didnt i get it right? Isnt the 1.8L v6 known as a K8?
From anothe thread:
<blockquote><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><hr>Originally posted by Custommx3:
Oh the best way to become a mechanic if your a nerd, put down the mouse, and pick up a wrench :) I now I did it. :D <hr></blockquote><p>Just the reason why i started this topic. I dont wanna risk breaking my car doing my own work, so i figured since i have an engine that will lay around doing nothing, i could prolly get a car with no engine for a few hundred dollars, and put it together myself, and with the help of my dad. <p>Trying to find an mx-3 in a junkyard is hard enough, i dont wanna image one with just a missing engine, so i just wanna know what non-mx-3s that will easilly mate as in no welding needed, using stock motor mounts) with the 1.8l v6, so i will have a wider variety of choices of cars to choose from.<p>[ June 04, 2003: Message edited by: Nd4SpdSe ]</p>
1992 Mazda Mx-3 GSR - 2.5L KLZE : Award Winning Show Car & Race Car ['02-'09] (Retired)
2004 Mazda RX-8 GT - Renesis Wankel : LS3 Coils, BHR Mid-Pipe + Falken RT-615K 245/40r18
2011 Mazda Mazda2 GS - 1.5L Manual : Yozora Edition (1 of 500)
2003 Nissan Xterra SE - 4x4 Supercharged : 2" Body Lift, 4" Suspension Lift & 33" MTR Kevlar
2001 Nissan Frontier SE - The Frontrailer : Expedition/Off-Road Trailer Project
VizualXTC

Post by VizualXTC »

Let's see, the K8 is just a KL debored and destroked. So you could replace any car that has a K8 (MX-3 only) or a KL03 (MX-6, 626, Probe GT, Millenia) with your K8. Now, it would be kind of silly to put a K8 in a car with a KL03 unless you are planning on selling it, but then you're basically screwing people. If you really want to have some fun with your K8. Put it on a Sand Rail. Build something for it that you can take off road. An Odysey would be awesome with a 130HP engine. Also, you can rebuild the engine and turbocharge it. That is what I am planning on when I get a KL03. Imma build a sand rail/4 wheeler with the K8 turbocharged.
~Ryan~

1994 MX-3 GS Teal
Stock V6 with insane potential
1987 Toyota Pickup
SR5 Xtracab Turbo

--The slow wait until the green light, while the FAST already left when the red went out--

--Sex should be like driving a Honda....slow, obscene, and loud enough for the neighbors to hear--
ImageImage

Return to “V6 Technical/Performance”