all things needed for ze swap (essentials)

V6 Technical/Performance Discussions

all things needed for ze swap (essentials)

Post by Guest »

ok i just want the straight up **** im gonna need for the ze swap. I wanna have it all in my posession when i order the ze. So my list so far is:
melenia IM (where the hell do i get that??
act clutch
belts (timing and so on)<p>ok and the rest im totally lost, and i just got done a 12 hour shift so im a little spacey.
Aston Wards

Re: all things needed for ze swap (essentials)

Post by Aston Wards »

You'll be wanting a ZE ecu, probably more important than the IM
91 Eunos Presso KF-ZE
89 Nissan 300ZX TT 2+2
90 Nissan 300ZX TT 2+0

Post by Guest »

well ya that might come with the engine so i didnt include that in the info, but yes if it doesnt come with then ya ill be getting that, ofcourse if i cant get the ms8 IM in time ill just use the k8 for now.
Custommx3
Site Administrator
antispam: ~SPAM*SUX~

Post by Custommx3 »

All fluids
All belts
Waterpump (u'll thank yourself later)
plugs
wires
clutch/pressure plate
thermostat
Probably motor mounts
Probably oxygen sensors
Fuel filter
PCV valve
Plenty of Wd40
shop towels
All your gaskets (IM, header, vavle covers)
...All I can think of ATM<p>[ May 20, 2003: Message edited by: Custommx3 ]</p>

Post by Guest »

thanks man for the info, i copied it into notepad, a couple questions, those thermospacers that outlaw sell, are they inthe place of gaskets? or in coordination? whats a pcv valve? (yes im retarded) andddddd thermostat?
Custommx3
Site Administrator
antispam: ~SPAM*SUX~

Post by Custommx3 »

a PCV valve is on your valve cover (in the front) little "L" shapped with a hose attached.<p>The spacers from what Im told I use gaskey sealant on both sides of them, but Email Outlaw and be sure. I purchased mine from david coleman and have yet to install them.

Post by Guest »

ok sounds good, just one more questioin, do i get the pcv valve from an mx-6 or what? <p>ine more thing, were do most people get there ms8 IM's?<p>[ May 20, 2003: Message edited by: sureshiit ]</p>
millionflame

Post by millionflame »

<blockquote><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><hr>Originally posted by sureshiit:
ok sounds good, just one more questioin, do i get the pcv valve from an mx-6 or what? <p>ine more thing, were do most people get there ms8 IM's?<p>[ May 20, 2003: Message edited by: sureshiit ]<hr></blockquote><p>Junkyard is your best bet. You wont find one on eBay (chances are very slim) and there aren't any Millenia message boards as far as I know.<p>A junker is still a good choice though since it's going to be used no matter where you get it from.<p>~A
~ Millionflame (94 GS 120K)
Cage

Post by Cage »

Big fat steel pipe (breaker bar)
throw away all your cheap walmart tools and spend $200.00 and buy a good set of tools. I wasted more time and money just going out and replacing cheap broken sockets and ratchets during the swap.
good luck<p>Cage
Spydie

Post by Spydie »

<blockquote><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><hr>Originally posted by sureshiit:
ok sounds good, just one more questioin, do i get the pcv valve from an mx-6 or what? <p>ine more thing, were do most people get there ms8 IM's?<p>[ May 20, 2003: Message edited by: sureshiit ]<hr></blockquote><p>register with Probetalk.com
the probers are always getting rid of the MS8's and if your ZE comes with the straight neck IM then odds are you can make an even swap. They are starving for the straight ones. You don't need gaskets for thermo spacers but you can use them. In hindsite I wish I had. Would have been both faster and easier than using formagasket.
http://members.cardomain.com/spydie
"So I said to my one legged wife, I said...'Peg', you're 'cut-off'."

Return to “V6 Technical/Performance”