emisions

V6 Technical/Performance Discussions
zeek

emisions

Post by zeek »

ya...just wonderin...i just moved to kitchener and am gona do the engine swap with my 93 MX-3 but am curious if it will still pass the emissions test...also if there are any good places to go to get the swap done that is good..i know A-SPEC is just up the road a lil just wonderin if there are any others
laterz
novadoc

Re: emisions

Post by novadoc »

you just moved to kitchener man?
whats your car look like<p>i drive the silver and red precid<p>well now its red and primer
NoVa<p>Image
Nd4SpdSe

Post by Nd4SpdSe »

I;ve been planning to do a saw very soon as well, but as for emissions, no one ever give a straight answer :(
1992 Mazda Mx-3 GSR - 2.5L KLZE : Award Winning Show Car & Race Car ['02-'09] (Retired)
2004 Mazda RX-8 GT - Renesis Wankel : LS3 Coils, BHR Mid-Pipe + Falken RT-615K 245/40r18
2011 Mazda Mazda2 GS - 1.5L Manual : Yozora Edition (1 of 500)
2003 Nissan Xterra SE - 4x4 Supercharged : 2" Body Lift, 4" Suspension Lift & 33" MTR Kevlar
2001 Nissan Frontier SE - The Frontrailer : Expedition/Off-Road Trailer Project
johnnyb
Supporting Member

Post by johnnyb »

it should pass emmisions as long as you're using the ZE ecu... i've learned that the car will run rich on the 1.8 ECU to better increase your chances use 92 octane gas from shell 2 weeks up to the time you take the test (shell is the only gas company with low sulpher in their gas)
novadoc

Post by novadoc »

how would you keep the NOx readings down<p>i tested my ze w/ ze ecu
i failed everything by a little<p>but NOx readings were 3x the limit
NoVa<p>Image
zeek

Post by zeek »

sorry just gettin back to this now...had no access to a puter...just got the net hooked up...but if you see a red mx-3 with nova scotia plates and a ugly scratch on the passenger side thats me...got to get that fixed fast...and do the swap when i get the cash.
Spydie

Post by Spydie »

to pass emissions in Ont. after a swap all you need to do is take your car to Mazda and have them put in writing that thare is no way your car ever came with a 2.5 KL engine. It will then be classified as a 'hot rod' and be tested under 1980's emissions standards. Your odds of failing are now virtually impossible, unless you remove your cat. This is how it works in Ont. I asked Drive Clean before I did my test. No problem. Also make sure your engine is hot before you do the test. It helps
http://members.cardomain.com/spydie
"So I said to my one legged wife, I said...'Peg', you're 'cut-off'."
zeek

Post by zeek »

kool thanks....now where would be the best place to get the swap done?? i know a-spec isnt that far from me..is there any others?? if so what others are there around here??
phyzy

Post by phyzy »

since we're on the topic of emissions, i took mine today and failed for the second time by a lot! this is after i put in a new cat, new o2 sensors (both). i pulled the engine codes and got 15,16,17, and 24. how is it possible? can my vacuum hosing be causing this? because i know my hoses aren't hooked up right. i ran 89 gas with a 1.8 ecu and 94 ze. please help! i have 1 month to retake it. (in illinois, only CO and Hydrocarbons matter, so im not too worried about the egr valve... or should i be?) much thanks in advance.

Return to “V6 Technical/Performance”