Difference between V6 MX-6 & V6 MX-3

V6 Technical/Performance Discussions
tawd1992

Difference between V6 MX-6 & V6 MX-3

Post by tawd1992 »

Hi everyone. I'm new to this forum & have been reading through the archives the last few days, lots of good info in there. I've got a '94 mx-6 v6 5spd & am considering getting a mx-3 and putting a klze in it. <p>Is there anybody that has drove a v6 probe/mx-6 & also a mx-3 klze? I'm curious if there is that much difference between the two. It seems like the klze only makes about 30-40 more hp than the klde, but with the nice weight reduction of 400-500 lbs it should be worth it. <p>Also, does the klze have as much low end torque & responsiveness as the klde? An mx-3/klze combo just seems like a really fun car. I'm just trying to learn as much as I can right now before I decide to do this. Thanks for any tips.<p>Roger
Q187

Re: Difference between V6 MX-6 & V6 MX-3

Post by Q187 »

A KLZE MX-3 should be better than an MX-6 in every way.
VizualXTC

Post by VizualXTC »

Like you said, you will be dropping a lot of weight, and gaining a lot of power. This will make you VERY happy. The KLZE has around 190ft/lbs of torque compared to your KL03 (KLDE) engine's 160ft/lbs. I guarentee if you like the MX-3 in stock form, you'll LOVE it with a KLZE as the power plant. Also, the KL03 would be a great choice for the MX-3 also, you'll still feel a difference with that engine. It's all up to what you can afford. Keep us posted on how the setup goes. Peace
~Ryan~

1994 MX-3 GS Teal
Stock V6 with insane potential
1987 Toyota Pickup
SR5 Xtracab Turbo

--The slow wait until the green light, while the FAST already left when the red went out--

--Sex should be like driving a Honda....slow, obscene, and loud enough for the neighbors to hear--
ImageImage
lazzyie

Post by lazzyie »

Zed mx3s are a blast!!!!! :)
93 Mx-3 GS klze swapped(sold)
96 Integra LS DD
91 Crx Si drag car
2.0L sleeved gsr block, forged internals, skunk2 valvetrain, HP racing intake manifold, Holset H1 turbo, 1000cc injectors, short geared lsd transmission, 3" turboback exhaust. 20 psi :)
mx3man83

Post by mx3man83 »

<blockquote><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><hr>Originally posted by VizualXTC:
Like you said, you will be dropping a lot of weight, and gaining a lot of power. This will make you VERY happy. The KLZE has around 190ft/lbs of torque compared to your KL03 (KLDE) engine's 160ft/lbs. I guarentee if you like the MX-3 in stock form, you'll LOVE it with a KLZE as the power plant. Also, the KL03 would be a great choice for the MX-3 also, you'll still feel a difference with that engine. It's all up to what you can afford. Keep us posted on how the setup goes. Peace<hr></blockquote><p>KLZE's from suns engines are cheaper than any klde ive ever priced.<p> :shrug:
Combat kit, Spectra blue paint, shaved, Black ADR flite 4 17's/ Yokahama ES 100's, straight through 2.5 inch cat back exhaust, CAI, Straight neck IM KLZE, poly filled motor mounts, Kl48/ Eprom chip, black altezzas, Wet Zex 75 shot, Walbro 255 fuel pump, Cosmo AFPR, GS SE all black interior, RF 1kbd amp, RF 12 HE2's (2), US acoustics 4 channel amp
My Cardomain site
VizualXTC

Post by VizualXTC »

You have been looking in the wrong places then my man. I have postes (quite a few times) that I can personally get them for $200 a pop for a non-running engine, and $350-$400 a pop for a running engine. Maybe the yard here are a little more frugal with their prices than yours :shrug: I'd NEVER buy a 0 mile KL03 engine.
~Ryan~

1994 MX-3 GS Teal
Stock V6 with insane potential
1987 Toyota Pickup
SR5 Xtracab Turbo

--The slow wait until the green light, while the FAST already left when the red went out--

--Sex should be like driving a Honda....slow, obscene, and loud enough for the neighbors to hear--
ImageImage

Return to “V6 Technical/Performance”