sensor swapping

V6 Technical/Performance Discussions
Buff1110
Supporting Member

sensor swapping

Post by Buff1110 »

i searched and couldnt come up with a complete list so here we go.
i wanna get a list together of all the sensors that need to be swapped over from the k8 to the klze and where they are located.
so if anyone can help with this it would be appreciated.
heres what i have so far:
1. knock sensor- under the intake mani
2. crank position sensor- by the crank pulley<p>thats all i have so someone please fill in the missing ones
Dan
92 Mx-3 Gs, KLZE Powered!! - SOLD!!!!
02 Tacoma TRD - Daily
93 Honda del Sol - New Project
Buff1110
Supporting Member

Re: sensor swapping

Post by Buff1110 »

come on guys i know some of u know the answer.
such as kurtklze, lazzyie, or dave coleman. can somebody clarify what other sensors are needed.
Dan
92 Mx-3 Gs, KLZE Powered!! - SOLD!!!!
02 Tacoma TRD - Daily
93 Honda del Sol - New Project
Zoso124
Forum Moderator
antispam: No

Post by Zoso124 »

Is your ZE OBDII? If not, those sensors are the same, just check to see how many sensors are on the filler neck.
Mike Evans
Gone:
92 GS Tropical Emerald MTX 2.5L
93 GS Raspberry Metallic SE MTX 1.8L
Cage

Post by Cage »

only sensor(S) I had to change:<p>Relocated the knock sensor (wire only) from the TB side to the coolant neck side.<p>on 1992 and 1993 Model Mx-3's the water temp sensor is located on the water neck. On all other years as well as ZE engines it is located in or near the radiator. Solution is to take the K8 water neck and switch it to the Ze engine...not a big deal if you are going to change the timing belt.<p>Cage
aaronthehic

Post by aaronthehic »

get ze ecu and run the 1.8 vaf meter or 1.8 ecu with 2.5vaf that is all I changed ,<p>save your self the 100$ for the 2.5 vaf and buy the ze ecu for 3-400$ from lazzy ( how ever you spell that) because you will want it later. check the ze ecu reveiw from dave colman last week.
13.023 @ 105 mph
lazzyie

Post by lazzyie »

He already got an ecu of me. $300-400 what you must be talking Canadian here. I am not Corksport :) . Anyways. If you have a 92-93 you have to swap the water inlet on the passenger side of the motor. The knock sensor only needs to be changed if you plan on using your k8 computer for emissions. The crank sensor is a case to case thing. Gotta pull the wire for the knock sensor across to the passenger side of the motor like Cage said. If you are swapping trannies as well swap all the sensors from the k8. If you need help you have my email address most people just hit me up that way.
93 Mx-3 GS klze swapped(sold)
96 Integra LS DD
91 Crx Si drag car
2.0L sleeved gsr block, forged internals, skunk2 valvetrain, HP racing intake manifold, Holset H1 turbo, 1000cc injectors, short geared lsd transmission, 3" turboback exhaust. 20 psi :)
curtklze

Post by curtklze »

there are only 4 sensors on the engine. TPS(throttle sensor), Knock, cooling fan switch, and crank sensor.<p>The coolant sensor in the water pipe at the front of the engine is best changed by transfering the whole pipe assembly from the K8 to the ZE when you change the timming belt.
DONT SHIP WITH UPS!!! DIE UPS DIE!!!!!
Yes, I AM a bastard
Here is my web site, I made this last year but didnt feel like shareing it untill now.
http://members.rogers.com/curts-klze/

How does this guy know so much?
He's a licenced BMW technician.
aaronthehic

Post by aaronthehic »

what is your price lassy?
13.023 @ 105 mph

Return to “V6 Technical/Performance”