I hear a noice when I turn my car to the right???

V6 Technical/Performance Discussions
appe

I hear a noice when I turn my car to the right???

Post by appe »

Hi!<p>I would like to know what problem is...when I turn to the right it sounds very loud noice...like something is loose...it sounds only once...and then I can continue to keep the steeringwheel to right...that sound comes everytime when I turn right...nothing to the left...and it is loud!!!
Angel
Custommx3
Site Administrator
antispam: ~SPAM*SUX~

Re: I hear a noice when I turn my car to the right???

Post by Custommx3 »

If its popping, more than likley is your CV joint. If its only when you turn and its a repeditive pop, then its gotta be an axle or a CV. Its a common issue on mx-3's.<p>[ April 28, 2003: Message edited by: Custommx3 ]</p>
monstar-mx-3

Post by monstar-mx-3 »

CV Joints maybe gone...if they are you need a new axel. Take the rim off, and behond the arm you will see a black rubber piece that goes to your engine. That;s your axel..The black rubber is your cv joint..if its ripped you you will have to get it replaced.
Bri94GS

Post by Bri94GS »

yessir, time to pop the cherry and put a new axle on! most of the aftermarket ones come with lifetime warantees, so it's not a huge deal...if you have any knowledge on how to work on cars, you might be able to do it yourself...it's not too difficult. Just messy
~Bri - Morph860@aol.com
'94 MX-3 GS (FOR SALE!)
'04 Mazda 3s 5-door
zoom-zoom
IanL
Supporting Member

Post by IanL »

I have the same symptom - one pop only (Red October?). Only right turns. Sounds like its from the left rear.<p>I haven't tried to cure it yet, but someone suggested its the stabiliser bushes. That makes sense. CV joints would be a succession of clicks, so I'm fairly certain its not that.
Re-shaped and re-sized gearshift lever. Best driveability mod you can do!
Extra thick soundproofing in the boot (trunk) to quieten my stainless steel exhaust system :)
Bri94GS

Post by Bri94GS »

CV joints/axles would be in the front...rear might be some sort of bushing...?
~Bri - Morph860@aol.com
'94 MX-3 GS (FOR SALE!)
'04 Mazda 3s 5-door
zoom-zoom
Silkwyrm

Post by Silkwyrm »

Say is it just me or do the CV joints on the MX-3 go bad with alarming frequency. Any other car I or my wife have had has never had this problem, but on my MX-3 I have replaced the drivers side shaft twice and the passenger side once. In the past 5 years, and I dont even drive the car in the winter months. I know I've seen a number of posts here with bad CVs too. Seems like these should have had a recall or something and had stronger shafts made. Grumble.... grumble. I do love the car though.

Return to “V6 Technical/Performance”