Power Boost Valves

V6 Technical/Performance Discussions
onzlouk

Power Boost Valves

Post by onzlouk »

Does anyone know anything about those FSE Power Boost valves????? Will 1 do any good on my MX-3 1.8 V6
curtklze

Re: Power Boost Valves

Post by curtklze »

do you mean an adjustable fuel pressure regulator?
DONT SHIP WITH UPS!!! DIE UPS DIE!!!!!
Yes, I AM a bastard
Here is my web site, I made this last year but didnt feel like shareing it untill now.
http://members.rogers.com/curts-klze/

How does this guy know so much?
He's a licenced BMW technician.
JasonH

Post by JasonH »

<blockquote><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><hr>Originally posted by curtklze:
do you mean an adjustable fuel pressure regulator?<hr></blockquote>
Yeah, I never heard them called a "power boost valve" before. Must be a UK thing. I found this definition...<p>"The 'Power Boost Valve' is a pressure regulator, designed for use on 'electric fuel injection' engines with a special fuel enrichment facility for accelleration, commonly known as a 'Rising Fuel Rate'."<p>Sounds like creative marketing to me.
onzlouk

Post by onzlouk »

Look at this and then give us your opinion!!!! Waste of money or good investment?www.fuelsystem.co.uk, also i have a leather interior in my 93' 1.8 V6, its caribbean blue, is this normal coz i was told only the special editions have leather and theyre all white??? ALSO Im after a set of clear side repeaters...the universal ones dont fit...any1 know where i can get a decent set? (My car has them on the wing not on the bumper)..Cheers if any1 can help......sorry 4 goin on!!!
markV6

Post by markV6 »

I read somewhere that possibly Miata clear side repeaters work on the MX-3.<p>There are quite a few owners from the uk on this board maybe we can organise a group buy which may make shippin cheaper. I'm in if we do this!
IanL
Supporting Member

Post by IanL »

<blockquote><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><hr>Originally posted by onzlo:
Look at this and then give us your opinion!!!! Waste of money or good investment?www.fuelsystem.co.uk, <hr></blockquote><p>So they say it enriches the mixture when accelerating - sounds tempting, but (unless you believe that all those car engine designers got it wrong, i.e. the mixture is too lean when accelerating) that implies that use of the device will give rise to an over-rich mixture. That will achieve - bore/ring problems with fuel wash, excessive soft carbon build-up and poorer gas mileage. Over-rich mixture will not give extra power.<p>[ March 31, 2003: Message edited by: IanL ]</p>
Re-shaped and re-sized gearshift lever. Best driveability mod you can do!
Extra thick soundproofing in the boot (trunk) to quieten my stainless steel exhaust system :)

Return to “V6 Technical/Performance”