GS to PGT swap

V6 Technical/Performance Discussions
chance

GS to PGT swap

Post by chance »

I know the trannies from mx3 gs's and probe gt's are interchangeable. But are the casings the same? Can I take all the gears from my gs tranny and put in a probe tranny? The casing is busted on mine.
Also will the parts needed for the automatic to mtx swap from a mx-3 work for a probe?<p>Basicly what I am tring to do is swap my mtx gs tranny into an atx probe gt. I found a automatic pgt for cheap, a bad mtx probe tranny for cheap, I have a good gs tranny with a busted caseing, and all the parts needed from my mx-3 gs.<p>Thanks a lot to anyone who can help.
Zoso124
Forum Moderator
antispam: No

Re: GS to PGT swap

Post by Zoso124 »

GS AND PGT MTX are totally interchangable, the ATX are TOTALLY diferent, will never work.
Mike Evans
Gone:
92 GS Tropical Emerald MTX 2.5L
93 GS Raspberry Metallic SE MTX 1.8L
chance

Post by chance »

i know that. But do the parts needed for a atx to mtx swap from a GS work for doing the swap for a probe?
chance

Post by chance »

Anybody?
Hy300

Post by Hy300 »

Yes, the MTX transmissions and bell housings are entirely identical right down to all of the gears.
PaImportTuner

Post by PaImportTuner »

ok ok Honda man on board. So I just recently left my roots and went with this 92' GS mx-3 v6, now i love swaps and have done 5 in the past 2 years with my hondas.<p>so let me get this straight the ProbeGT motor 2.5L will DIRECTLY bolt into engine bay using the EXISTING mx-3 v6 motor mounts??? and it DIRECTLY bolts into TRANNY?
92' MX-3 GS V6
Custom CAI
2.5" Exhaust (no cat)
MSD Ignition<p>Problems -pulls like a raped ape BUT
*car smokes sometimes, smells like oil. Ticking sound when lightly on gas between 3-3.5k rpm.. HELP ME PLS.
quinn_seipp

Post by quinn_seipp »

yeah the motor mounts line up. Look around there is tons of info on the 2.5 swap. Get a ZE over a KL probe engine though ;)
130 hp and 1000 horsepower strong, ;)

Return to “V6 Technical/Performance”