Clicking noise around turns

V6 Technical/Performance Discussions

Clicking noise around turns

Post by Guest »

Ok my car is just a pain in my *** , nothing but problems, and today theres a new one! yay! ok when i go around turns i get this loud clicking noise coming from my front left wheel, any ideas? I thought it was just ice because there was alot of build up around my tires, but i went and took it all off at the car wash. Of course I might have missed some i couldnt see but Im thinking its probably mechanical. Any ideas? Thanks laot guys.<p>Timothy Dawson
cashmoneyspeed

Re: Clicking noise around turns

Post by cashmoneyspeed »

CV Joint. I'll bet if you look at the inside of the rim, there is a bunch of black grease on it and your cv boot has probably been torn for awhile.
SOLD - 93 GS Custom intake, exhaust, phenolic spacers, port matching, front upper strut bar, 17" wheels, dragon body graphics, black/white interior, sound system, tints, altezza tails & 3rd brake altezza, g-force front

'94 Caprice - rolling fast and low on 20's along with some custom goodies

'86 Regal - Hydraulics, custom wheels, custom paint, shaved, phantom top, leather, power, and lots of chrome

'92 - New import project in the works, should be out in '09
Q187

Post by Q187 »

CV Joint. You can go to Autozone and buy rebuilt ones for like $60 a pop. If you have any mechanical experience, you can put them in yourself. Pretty easy job. Even though only one is clicking, go ahead and change both, the right one will start wearing down sooner or later.

Post by Guest »

awesome guys thanks alot for the help!!
Nd4SpdSe

Post by Nd4SpdSe »

<blockquote><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><hr>Originally posted by Q187:
CV Joint. You can go to Autozone and buy rebuilt ones for like $60 a pop. If you have any mechanical experience, you can put them in yourself. Pretty easy job. Even though only one is clicking, go ahead and change both, the right one will start wearing down sooner or later.<hr></blockquote><p>
Soo, soo true, i changed my left one in late November and about almost 2 months later, the right started doing it...<p>I got my replacement ones at canadian tire, remanufacturered with a lifetime warranty, cant do wrong with that :D<p>[ February 27, 2003: Message edited by: Nd4SpdSe ]</p>
1992 Mazda Mx-3 GSR - 2.5L KLZE : Award Winning Show Car & Race Car ['02-'09] (Retired)
2004 Mazda RX-8 GT - Renesis Wankel : LS3 Coils, BHR Mid-Pipe + Falken RT-615K 245/40r18
2011 Mazda Mazda2 GS - 1.5L Manual : Yozora Edition (1 of 500)
2003 Nissan Xterra SE - 4x4 Supercharged : 2" Body Lift, 4" Suspension Lift & 33" MTR Kevlar
2001 Nissan Frontier SE - The Frontrailer : Expedition/Off-Road Trailer Project
sep42

Post by sep42 »

How much did the Canadian Tire charge you?
http://www.nerdinthebox.com <- cheap domains, web hosting and other network services.
millionflame

Post by millionflame »

I have the same problem and it's my driver's side tie-rod end. So, it not ALWAYS the CV joint people.<p>Both my boots are perfectly fine, and the joints.<p>~A
~ Millionflame (94 GS 120K)
sheller

Post by sheller »

It could also be a loose/worn sway bar linkage. Unfortunately clicking is a pretty loose term. The best bet is to check under there and see if you can find anything. Do you see grease? Are either the tie rod or sway bar loose? All of the above? :) When was the last time any of those items was replaced?
Don't feel too bad about it seeming like one thing or another. Around November last year I dropped in a new engine and at the same time did a lightened crank pulley, a new water pump, and a new timing belt. Two weeks later new O2 sensors and sway bar linkages. The day after that the transmission went out. $4k in repairs in a month. Anyway, good luck with the search.
Steve<p>[ February 27, 2003: Message edited by: sheller ]</p>
Custommx3
Site Administrator
antispam: ~SPAM*SUX~

Post by Custommx3 »

NAPA! lifetime warranty on cv's.
mattster

Post by mattster »

Ya ive got the clicking noise too... most definately CV joints. The parts are relitively cheep but after calling around, it is apparent that they like to slap on a "core charge" which will be refunded on return of the old joints. so it totals like $300 but you will get $150 back or whatever.
92 Mazda MX-3 GS: blaze red, bone stock, and daily driver
86 RX-7 GXL: '94 LT1 V8, 6 speed tranny, scary fast. SOLD
93 Mazda RX7 R1 LS1/6speed... 75% complete

http://www.cardomain.com/id/mattsterrx7" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
^link to my V8 swap page

Return to “V6 Technical/Performance”