KLZE LITTLE PROBS

V6 Technical/Performance Discussions
davidosk024

KLZE LITTLE PROBS

Post by davidosk024 »

A couple things i have noticed when driving.
i hear a slight hissing noise at idle and is a bit louder when i rev the engine. cant hear it over the higher revs....
vaccum hose loose? air intake? any ideas?<p>Also after i fitted my ZE ecu the fans run constantanly as soon as i turn on my car....
what am i looking for here? coolant sensor?
fan relays? and whatelse??
reset ecu maybe?
In
Eunos 30x, v6
KL-ZE, 2.5in exhaust, K&N intake
Unichip, LSD, 13lb flywheel, ACT2 clutch, NGK iridium Plugs, Top Gun Leads...<p>Goin In
Cams, Headers, TB, Extractors,
Bored to 2.8, Mazdaspeed Struts, Mazdaspeed strut tops,
Mazdaspeed swaybars, Eibach springs, Cusco Adj. Strut tops, Body kit, Altezza lights, Short shifter, Crossdrilled rotors and Calipers from AP racing, Braided brake lines, Braided clutch line, Mazdaspeed steering wheel, Mazdaspeed Leather shift knob,
killerpickle

Re: KLZE LITTLE PROBS

Post by killerpickle »

idle screw adjusting?
Tom Alexander
93 MX3 GSR - KLZE / stage 3 clutch / PRM Intake / 2.25" exhaust - dual 3" outlet
full custom black and red interior / KLZE ECU / JE50 VAF
http://home.cogeco.ca/~mx3/ - updated dec 1/03
lazzyie

Post by lazzyie »

The fans stay on because you probably don't have the 3rd temperature sensor that the ecu need to tell the fans when to turn on/off. As for the hissing I have it too.
93 Mx-3 GS klze swapped(sold)
96 Integra LS DD
91 Crx Si drag car
2.0L sleeved gsr block, forged internals, skunk2 valvetrain, HP racing intake manifold, Holset H1 turbo, 1000cc injectors, short geared lsd transmission, 3" turboback exhaust. 20 psi :)
davidosk024

Post by davidosk024 »

What would I have to do to get that 3rd temp sensor in?<p>whats involved? and where does it go? and is there an easier way to fix the fans from constantly going.... ive noticed its my AC fan and my coolant fan going at the same time.
In
Eunos 30x, v6
KL-ZE, 2.5in exhaust, K&N intake
Unichip, LSD, 13lb flywheel, ACT2 clutch, NGK iridium Plugs, Top Gun Leads...<p>Goin In
Cams, Headers, TB, Extractors,
Bored to 2.8, Mazdaspeed Struts, Mazdaspeed strut tops,
Mazdaspeed swaybars, Eibach springs, Cusco Adj. Strut tops, Body kit, Altezza lights, Short shifter, Crossdrilled rotors and Calipers from AP racing, Braided brake lines, Braided clutch line, Mazdaspeed steering wheel, Mazdaspeed Leather shift knob,
dennisvs

Post by dennisvs »

When swapping the engine, did you renewed the waterpomp or your tentioners?
I just received my engine and I checked al the tentioners.
The looked like new but because the engine did not run for a long time they are dry and making a hissing sound when turning them around.
Is it possible that your tentioners making the noise?

Return to “V6 Technical/Performance”