Power window question?

General Mazda MX-3 Discussions
neverenuff
Supporting Member

Power window question?

Post by neverenuff »

Does anyone know if the passenger side power window motor will work for driver side. drivers side motor is toast and found a passenger side one but dont want to buy if it wont work. <p>Thnx
JasonH

Re: Power window question?

Post by JasonH »

I have a driver's side motor/regulator that I took out of my car (I replaced the whole motor/regulator assembly.) The motor seemed to work but the cable was broken. It was like that when I bought my car, the previous owner had pulled the broken cable over the door sheetmetal and secured it behind a bolt. Email me if you think you can use it and we'll work something out. I'll try to test just the motor part tonight (it's still attached to the regulator.)<p>P.S. - Oh, and I don't think the two sides are interchangable. I believe the motors turn different ways as they're mirror images of each other.<p>[ April 17, 2003: Message edited by: JasonH ]</p>
Stan W.

Post by Stan W. »

In most cars the window motor can be seperated from regulator assembly. Thus making it "universal." <p>Alternatively, some motors have a gear drive (that attaches to the regulator)that can be removed and reinstalled 180 degrees in reverse to allow the motor to be used either way.<p>However, not having taken a mazda power window regulator assembly apart, I don't know for sure.<p>Now, about the previous posting talking about the turning direction of the motor shaft; all DC motors will "reverse" if you just change the polarity of the leads.<p>So, If the motor can be refitted to fit the regulator in question, the worse case would be that you would have to "switch" the wires when you connect it up to make it go "up" when the "up" button is pushed.<p>Hope this helps.<p>Stan
Stan W.
kuruption1983

Post by kuruption1983 »

works just fine, but you have the take the motor off the whole assembly and use it on the other side. :shrug:

Return to “General Mazda MX-3”