No Spark

V6 Technical/Performance Discussions
clickhere

No Spark

Post by clickhere »

Finished engine swap, put in klze. But there is no spark when I go to turn it on. Should I use klze distributor or can I use mx-3 distributor? I am currently using 1.8 ecu and airflow meter.
lazzyie

Re: No Spark

Post by lazzyie »

Dope another Mx-3 in SD with a ZE engine!! You can use the mx-3 disty just fine. You know we are screwed on smog laws right!
93 Mx-3 GS klze swapped(sold)
96 Integra LS DD
91 Crx Si drag car
2.0L sleeved gsr block, forged internals, skunk2 valvetrain, HP racing intake manifold, Holset H1 turbo, 1000cc injectors, short geared lsd transmission, 3" turboback exhaust. 20 psi :)
aaronthehic

Post by aaronthehic »

the ze disty does not have a coil in it so you don't want it unless you want to set that s*it up<p>check connectors ,fuses (inside + engine bay), check coil resistence and ignitor resistence , do you have a 95+ model? (obd2 is diferent) If every thing checks out ok it is most likly the disty because I had the same problem last year and you can not directly check the disty you have to eliminate every thig else. it is frustrating.
I would also think it is a connection problem cause you just did the swap. :shrug:
13.023 @ 105 mph
lazzyie

Post by lazzyie »

Grounds Make sure you check all of the grounds!!
93 Mx-3 GS klze swapped(sold)
96 Integra LS DD
91 Crx Si drag car
2.0L sleeved gsr block, forged internals, skunk2 valvetrain, HP racing intake manifold, Holset H1 turbo, 1000cc injectors, short geared lsd transmission, 3" turboback exhaust. 20 psi :)
clickhere

Post by clickhere »

well i swapped the ze ditributor for my 1.8, I do have spark but still wont start. I pulled the fule line off right before the regulator, and I have fule, so now I'm lost.

Return to “V6 Technical/Performance”