Engine swap

V6 Technical/Performance Discussions

Engine swap

Post by Guest »

I recently bought my klze engine and some stuff required for the swap (waiting on my k8 to die out which isnt happening since the car runs really good) anyways I was thinking of putting a turbo on it. Then a thought crossed my mind to swap for an mx-6 vs motor(I found one for 500CND with under 50000 miles) and put some nos on it 75shot and sell the klze now this is just the enigne nothing else (mx-6) what else would I need to replace in this swap AND could I use any of the things from my ZE that I purchased already and I think the performance wise it would be similar but cost about 2G'z less
novadoc

Re: Engine swap

Post by novadoc »

keep the ze bro
i cant be the only one in k town with one
NoVa<p>Image
lazzyie

Post by lazzyie »

Probably everything you bought for the ZE will work fine on the DE that you are looking at. It is better(gray area) to boost on higher compression motors but safer on lower compression. Bear in mind if you ditch the ZE you ditch a better intake manifold and better heads better cams and high compression pistons... Really depends on what you want. Id keep the ze and do whatever to it. Especially considering you already have it.
93 Mx-3 GS klze swapped(sold)
96 Integra LS DD
91 Crx Si drag car
2.0L sleeved gsr block, forged internals, skunk2 valvetrain, HP racing intake manifold, Holset H1 turbo, 1000cc injectors, short geared lsd transmission, 3" turboback exhaust. 20 psi :)
BATTOSAI

Post by BATTOSAI »

If you don´t want any of the engines Pm me!!
European Mx3 GsRT
Smokin mx-3

Post by Smokin mx-3 »

bro stick with the kl-ze and turbo it
honda guys turbo gsr engines all the time and they are high compression
plus i have seen with lots of work though a itr motor stroked to 2L turbo
dont go to a mx6 or probe motor
keep the kl-ze more hp to start off with
klze runnin 6 psi will smoke a mx6(northamerican)motor runnin 6 psi
just my 50cent
killerpickle

Post by killerpickle »

i think the problem with comparing turboing a klze engine to a b16a (or b18c5 or whatever), even though they have roughly the same compression, is that they (hondas)have the luxury of cheap aftermarket parts, they can easily beef up the internals...for the ze you would have to get some custom parts...very expensive. Its kind of a bummer...<p>[ February 01, 2003: Message edited by: killerpickle ]</p>
Tom Alexander
93 MX3 GSR - KLZE / stage 3 clutch / PRM Intake / 2.25" exhaust - dual 3" outlet
full custom black and red interior / KLZE ECU / JE50 VAF
http://home.cogeco.ca/~mx3/ - updated dec 1/03
Smokin mx-3

Post by Smokin mx-3 »

i have a friend that has a gsr in a honda civic hb running 7psi all he did was fuel pump, fuel pressuse regulator and alittle tunning
no internals
killerpickle

Post by killerpickle »

any zes running more than 6 psi stock internals? Im not sure if I remember any. I must give honda credit though, they build amazing engines...
Tom Alexander
93 MX3 GSR - KLZE / stage 3 clutch / PRM Intake / 2.25" exhaust - dual 3" outlet
full custom black and red interior / KLZE ECU / JE50 VAF
http://home.cogeco.ca/~mx3/ - updated dec 1/03

Post by Guest »

Thats why I was thinkin DE engine with a 75 shot....compared to ZE with 5psi and 3-4 grand more

Post by Guest »

If I could only get a nice turbo set up or the ze for bout 600-700CND(cost of nos)ahh...al my problems would be solved.........

Return to “V6 Technical/Performance”