KL-ZE bits as far as i can tell.

V6 Technical/Performance Discussions
davidosk024

KL-ZE bits as far as i can tell.

Post by davidosk024 »

Ok when doing the swap ideally these are all the extras we will need is this correct?<p>1) Exhaust manifold from the 1.8 or a millenia or rework the ze one to fit.
2) O-Rings
3) ECU, aftermarket or KL-ZE ecu
4) Clutch
5) Suspension as the new engine weights a bit more and with the increased power going around corners ill be needing somthin a bit better
6) Gearbox, as the current mx-3(eunos) gearbox probably wont be handling the heavier HP
7) LSD While its out might as well slot it in
8) Driveshafts(mine are screwed anyways)... otherwise just a circlip
9) All new fluids.
10) new Leads and Plugs(ngk)
11) New Coolant hosing
12) Drive belts and other belts
13) Distributor Orings
14) Manifold gaskets
15) VAF for the 2.5
16) wd-40<p>
anything else im missing???
In
Eunos 30x, v6
KL-ZE, 2.5in exhaust, K&N intake
Unichip, LSD, 13lb flywheel, ACT2 clutch, NGK iridium Plugs, Top Gun Leads...<p>Goin In
Cams, Headers, TB, Extractors,
Bored to 2.8, Mazdaspeed Struts, Mazdaspeed strut tops,
Mazdaspeed swaybars, Eibach springs, Cusco Adj. Strut tops, Body kit, Altezza lights, Short shifter, Crossdrilled rotors and Calipers from AP racing, Braided brake lines, Braided clutch line, Mazdaspeed steering wheel, Mazdaspeed Leather shift knob,
pelado

Re: KL-ZE bits as far as i can tell.

Post by pelado »

Ok when doing the swap ideally these are all the extras we will need is this correct?<p>
1) Exhaust manifold from the 1.8 or a millenia or rework the ze one to fit.<p>Just use 1.8s<p>2) O-Rings
3) ECU, aftermarket or KL-ZE ecu<p>ZE ECU preferred, if not 2.5 ECU<p>4) Clutch
5) Suspension as the new engine weights a bit more and with the increased power going around corners ill be needing somthin a bit better<p>Are you swapping from a 4 to a 6? The V-6s weigh the same.<p>6) Gearbox, as the current mx-3(eunos) gearbox probably wont be handling the heavier HP<p>The gearbox will be fine as it is the same one used in all models using KL.<p>7) LSD While its out might as well slot it in
8) Driveshafts(mine are screwed anyways)... otherwise just a circlip
9) All new fluids.
10) new Leads and Plugs(ngk)
11) New Coolant hosing
12) Drive belts and other belts
13) Distributor Orings
14) Manifold gaskets
15) VAF for the 2.5<p>Only if using a regular 2.5 (KL) ECU. Use JE50 (K8) VAF with ZE ECU.<p>16) wd-40<p>
anything else im missing???<p>Yeah, you're missing out on the self satisfaction found in the pleasure of SEARCHING. :roll:
KLZE, ZE PCM, UR pulley, PS catback, PS STS, PRM, IAC bypass, 64mm TB, FOP hair gel
davidosk024

Post by davidosk024 »

hehe thanks pelado :) <p>trust me ive done alot of searching.... and in australia this kinda stuff costs a left nut... where as over in canada and america its about a 1/3 the cost.<p>But thanks for the help dude :)
In
Eunos 30x, v6
Unichip, LSD, 13lb flywheel, ACT2 clutch, NGK iridium Plugs, Top Gun Leads...<p>Goin In
Mazdaspeed swaybars, Eibach springs, Cusco Adj. Strut tops, Body kit, Altezza lights, Short shifter, Crossdrilled rotors and Calipers from AP racing, Braided brake lines, Braided clutch line, Mazdaspeed steering wheel, Mazdaspeed Leather shift knob,
pelado

Post by pelado »

Oh yeah, replace the water pump and friction gear while the engine is out.
KLZE, ZE PCM, UR pulley, PS catback, PS STS, PRM, IAC bypass, 64mm TB, FOP hair gel
davidosk024

Post by davidosk024 »

cool :) <p>thanks dude... anyone else have anything else they would recommend doing while its out or being done??
In
Eunos 30x, v6
curtklze

Post by curtklze »

The K8 and all KL,KF engines use the same series Gearbox, but the 4 cylinders used a different one that wont bold to the 6 cyl.<p>I would recomend using a real ZE computer, there easer to get over there I've heard.<p>Change the timing belt and water pump for sure.
Change the valve cover gaskets.<p>Change to stiffer motor mounts when the engin is out, because they are sutch a ***** to change when the engine is in.<p>Also good to put bosal performance exhaust headers on (for more power) when the engine is already out.
DONT SHIP WITH UPS!!! DIE UPS DIE!!!!!
Yes, I AM a bastard
Here is my web site, I made this last year but didnt feel like shareing it untill now.
http://members.rogers.com/curts-klze/

How does this guy know so much?
He's a licenced BMW technician.
Hex3

Post by Hex3 »

also thermostat, water pump, fuel filter.. its like 100 bucks more but in the long run u are saving like 600.00 dollars when it goes out after u do the swap..my water pump is going out in my ZE after like 5 mouths
2.5 KL-ZE, BBS rims, I the front i have to falkin Azenis, Intrax Springs, CM Stage 1 clutch, and Fidanza flywheel, Pacesetter short shifter, Tociko Blue Struts, Sparco Steering Wheel, Yellow Top Battery
Alpine Type R Subs 10's, Alpine 2 Channel Amp, Alpine 4 channel
Amp, Alpine Alarm,Alpine Headunit
14.8 @ 94.2(with vaccume lick)

Return to “V6 Technical/Performance”