shifter bearings?

V6 Technical/Performance Discussions
reSa

shifter bearings?

Post by reSa »

forgot something! how much does it cost to fix my shifter? had the SAME exact problem on my RS... the shifter wiggles like crazy...like its in neutral in every single gear. i think my friend told me its just shifter bearings. has anyone else had this iRking problem?? how much did it cost to fix?
lstpier
Supporting Member

Re: shifter bearings?

Post by lstpier »

You can try to torque the bolt connecting the shifter to the shift rod (and bolt between the shifter rod and shif actuator of the tranny). If it doesn't help your shifter bushings are probably worn. Change them for Mazda ones or get stiffer aftermarket ones.
eunosads

Post by eunosads »

it's your shifter bushings for sure (rather than bearings, there are no shifter bearings AFAIK).. I recommend the Bronzoil bushings available from [url=http://www.srdperformance.com,]www.srdperformance.com,[/url] these are great and will make your shift so much more precise.. they will last ages too.. otherwise you can get the OEM shifter bushings.. these will make your shift feel better and less sloppy than it currently is, but won't last as long as bronzoil ones.. <p>@ds
- EUNOS 30X -
reSa

Post by reSa »

thanks guys :) ) and yeah i realized after i had posted that i made a mistake...bushings not bearings...for some reason i couldnt think of the word and bearings sounded just right at the moment. :) ) thanks for the advice!

Return to “V6 Technical/Performance”