code 16 what to look for?

V6 Technical/Performance Discussions
MX#3

code 16 what to look for?

Post by MX#3 »

exhaust gas recirculation system code 16, what does this mean?<BR>how do you understand this? Is it whole system faulty or one sensor, the light does not stays on for long goes away comes back and so on
David Coleman

Re: code 16 what to look for?

Post by David Coleman »

I'd look in the online shop manual in the F2 section to see what it says about Code 16.
David Coleman
I used to know alot about MX-3's, but not so much anymore. Oh well.
manitobamx3

Post by manitobamx3 »

mine did that and it turned out to be carbon build up at the sensor and just went away after a couple days
pelado

Post by pelado »

It's the EGR valve position sensor. The PCME is demanding a certain EGR valve position (e.g., halfway open) and if the EGR is only a quarter of the way open, then you get the light. Once it gets to the demanded position, the light goes away. Like manitoba said, it's probably crap built up on the valve causing it to stick.
KLZE, ZE PCM, UR pulley, PS catback, PS STS, PRM, IAC bypass, 64mm TB, FOP hair gel
Jspec

Post by Jspec »

im having the same code on my car too. once i cleaned it out and then put it back i checked the resistance and applied a vacuum to it. i still had a cel though but a lot less intermittent. more than likely it is carbon build up on it. u should try taking in off and sprayin the hell out it with some kind of degreaser/ throttle body cleaner and try to get a small brush in there some how. just might work.good luck.
Live your life a quarter mile at a time!! Payback is a mother!!
MX#3

Post by MX#3 »

thanks for the reply, now it makes sens thanks pelado<p>[ November 20, 2002: Message edited by: MX3new ]

Return to “V6 Technical/Performance”