ECU Disasters

V6 Technical/Performance Discussions
DeanoGS

ECU Disasters

Post by DeanoGS »

What does it mean, when my ECU gives me a trouble code, for a sensor that does NOT exist on my 1.8l V6??<P>dean.zarrillo@mts.net
Jspec

Re: ECU Disasters

Post by Jspec »

well what did u use to pull the codes? that might be the prob man. i went to tune up shop twice and i got the same codes twice. i decided not to go with the dealership cus they wanted like 70 bucks just to pull codes. i figured since i didnt have my socks with the handlebars on that day that i wansnt prepared to get shafted.
Live your life a quarter mile at a time!! Payback is a mother!!
pelado

Post by pelado »

It would help if you gave the code with whatever sensor it is that you're referring to.
KLZE, ZE PCM, UR pulley, PS catback, PS STS, PRM, IAC bypass, 64mm TB, FOP hair gel
DeanoGS

Post by DeanoGS »

Its gives error p0105:<BR>Manifold Absolute Pressure/Barometric Pressure Circuit Malfunction <P>Two places have gotten this error and DONT knwo what sensor it is pointing too.
Zoso124
Forum Moderator
antispam: No

Post by Zoso124 »

Obviously your car is OBDII, and you would think they would be easier to diagnois but there not. Never heard of a MAP sensor on your cars, but the ECU detects the Atmospheric Pressure.
Mike Evans
Gone:
92 GS Tropical Emerald MTX 2.5L
93 GS Raspberry Metallic SE MTX 1.8L
pelado

Post by pelado »

There is a barometric pressure sensor on the ECM board (inside housing). New ECM required, I believe.<P>Code 14 on pre-OBDII.<p>[ November 18, 2002: Message edited by: pelado ]
KLZE, ZE PCM, UR pulley, PS catback, PS STS, PRM, IAC bypass, 64mm TB, FOP hair gel
DeanoGS

Post by DeanoGS »

If this barometric pressure circuit is gone, what will i notice? b/c My car runs just fine, but the CEL light is on.??<P>dean.zarrillo@mts.net
white fish

Post by white fish »

isn't that in the VAF??

Return to “V6 Technical/Performance”