KL-ZE Firing Sequence

V6 Technical/Performance Discussions
hype-A

KL-ZE Firing Sequence

Post by hype-A »

Is there a difference in distributor firing sequence for the KL-ZE motor? I have the ze installed with the 1.8 distributor. Do I use the same firing sequence as the 1.8 or the 2.5?
Hy300

Re: KL-ZE Firing Sequence

Post by Hy300 »

why put the faulty K8 Disty on the KL-ZE (unless you have the newer distributor). I learned my lesson there. As for the firing order, there seems to be a little debate going on. Wish I could help you, even I'm not sure. It doesn't make sense that the same engine would have a different firing sequence with so much else in common.
lazzyie

Post by lazzyie »

faulty disty? where was that discussed? I have the k8 disty on my ze like most do and it works fine yes the order is the same.
93 Mx-3 GS klze swapped(sold)
96 Integra LS DD
91 Crx Si drag car
2.0L sleeved gsr block, forged internals, skunk2 valvetrain, HP racing intake manifold, Holset H1 turbo, 1000cc injectors, short geared lsd transmission, 3" turboback exhaust. 20 psi :)
Cacho

Post by Cacho »

I was just about to post something about the disty on the KLZE. If you got it, use it.Your missing out!!! The firing order is perfectly the same no matter what they tell you. Its the same<BR>Firing order. If you are not using it because your harness is differnt its just a simple re-wire to make it work and difference is awesome.....
Custommx3
Site Administrator
antispam: ~SPAM*SUX~

Post by Custommx3 »

can u post the tech info? it would make a great v6 FAQ. Diagrams would help to. I could host the pics if needed.
Cacho

Post by Cacho »

I would love to but I wouldn't know where to begin. Im not much of a computer whiz.I could email you a step by step instruction, pictures, parts needed and so on and maybe you can put it together for all of you in this site to use. I know a lot of you need it and its a must....<P>By the way were you refering to me????
Hy300

Post by Hy300 »

Hey, how did you get it rewired. I'm getting the 2.5L disty. Took me forever for me to convince the guy at the parts store to believe that the two engines are the same and it'll work. What do I need to do to rewire it to fit.
Cacho

Post by Cacho »

I'll tell you how to rewire it if you can tell me how i can get a new cap and rotor for ZE disty...
Cacho

Post by Cacho »

I'll tell you how to rewire it if you can tell me how i can get a new cap and rotor for ZE disty...
Hy300

Post by Hy300 »

Can't you just use the one from a Probe disty? like one from a junkyard thats in okay shape
Cacho

Post by Cacho »

I have spent the whole day yesterday looking for one from the dealers. None of this sales people from here seem to dont want to help. They keep insisting that its from a whole different car like a nissan or something. Well im going to try the ford dealers tommorow. By any chance you know what year it would be that has that external coil.
pelado

Post by pelado »

Look, the dealers won't even be able to get a part number for the thing since it came on a vehicle THAT WASN'T SOLD HERE.
KLZE, ZE PCM, UR pulley, PS catback, PS STS, PRM, IAC bypass, 64mm TB, FOP hair gel

Post by Guest »

look in my info there is a link to my homepage i have made an easy diagram to hook up msd to a ze disty check it out!

Return to “V6 Technical/Performance”