is white smoke normal at start??

V6 Technical/Performance Discussions
mattster

is white smoke normal at start??

Post by mattster »

hey guys ive been noticing some white smoke coming out of my tail pipe when i start it up in the morning, or after i start it when its been sitting around. i also just had my timing belt and water pump replaced which may have something to do with it. please give me some advise... someone told me its normal to get white smoke when first starting.
92 Mazda MX-3 GS: blaze red, bone stock, and daily driver
86 RX-7 GXL: '94 LT1 V8, 6 speed tranny, scary fast. SOLD
93 Mazda RX7 R1 LS1/6speed... 75% complete

http://www.cardomain.com/id/mattsterrx7" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
^link to my V8 swap page
monstar-mx-3

Re: is white smoke normal at start??

Post by monstar-mx-3 »

Its normal to have a little white smoke when you start it in the morning. That just moisture in in your engine and exhaust. My doest that all the time. You only have to worry when its Blue, Grey/black....does the white smoke stop when the car warms up? Does it smell like anything?<P>My car has a raw gas smell to it, that just means it running a little to rich :) hehehe
appe

Post by appe »

I have had a few cars over time and no one has been "smoking" like my mx3...<P>I was just wondering...I changed my timingbelt and waterpump just a few weeks ago...what did you have to pay for the parts and the job?
Angel
quinn_seipp

Post by quinn_seipp »

white smoke = anti freeze or the moisture as monstar said, if it goes away once the engine is warmed up than its just moisture, but if it does it after the engine is warmed up you could be burning anti freeze :(
130 hp and 1000 horsepower strong, ;)

Return to “V6 Technical/Performance”