speakers?

General Mazda MX-3 Discussions
Acamori

speakers?

Post by Acamori »

i haven't had a chance to get a good look at the speaker mounts in my 93 mx3. i have 4 6.5in speakers that i was looking to install and was wondering if that size will fit in both the door and the rear.<p>email or post, or AIM me, i'm usually around.
1/4 complete system---->carstereo.com
Len-Dogg

Re: speakers?

Post by Len-Dogg »

Yes they will fit, but you will have to re-drill the wholes. The factory size is somewhere in between the 5.25 and 6.5 sizes. So if you get a 5.25 speaker, you will have to get a bracket, and if you get a 6.5, you will have to re-drill the wholes. I would go with the later. :-)
1995 Blaze Red RS 5sp. Manual, Pacesetter Exhaust, Custom CAI, 17" ADR Rims, Kumho Tires, Altezzas, GS Style Spoiler and Mud Guards, Neoprene Seat Covers, Aluminum Foot Pedals, Leather Shift Knob, Remote Starter, Blaupunkt Stereo and 5-disc changer, Pioneer Speakers, Amp, and Sub<p>http://www.cardomain.com/id/lendogg<p>http://www.msu.edu/~leonar40/Car.html<p>Image
Acamori

Post by Acamori »

cool thanks, i thought the looked like 6's but wanted to check that there was enough room for bigger. thanks again.
red-mx3

Post by red-mx3 »

Yeah, I got 6.5's and had to drill new holes, a dremmel did the job nicely.... the thing to watch for is the depth of the speakers, if they are too "deep" the window will hit them, you can solve that with a spacer. There is almost an inch clearance under the stock grilles on the doors. <p>If the speakers are really "deep" you can only solve it by not putting the windows all the way down ...lol
Acamori

Post by Acamori »

ok, i think mine are shallow enough (about 2-3 in, hard to measure and i'm too lazy to look it up) so that shouldn't be a problem.
illicitQ

Post by illicitQ »

which are good and unexpensive speakers..? i'm lookin into buy a set my self. i dont think i want a woofer yet....
92 RS: BPT, evo front mount, custom 2.5 in IC pipes, apex-i SAFC- II, GReddy type-RS BOV, rear disc swap, GTX front strutbar, oem GS lower rear tie bar, Topspeed1 axle back exhaust, 15" TSW wrapped in yokohamas, power window swap. NOT INSTALLED: GReddy turbo timer and CS downpipe.
Acamori

Post by Acamori »

i dunno really, the ones i have are sony xplod's and i've never had any problems with them (i don't know how much they were, got them for xmas/bday) <p>the only thing i can think to tell you is go to a place like best buy and try the cheaper ones, see which ones sound good (though i'm sure it'll be different in a car) that's pretty much how i chose my sub.
azmtbkr81

Post by azmtbkr81 »

Pioneer makes good inexpensive speakers but if you really want something that sounds great for not much more $ get 4 Rockford Fosgate 6.5s, I have 2 of them and even when the volume and bass are cranked to the max they never distort.
'94 Blaze Red RS<P>I may not have a lot of horsepower but I know how to use it!

Return to “General Mazda MX-3”