Question For all 2.5L-ers

V6 Technical/Performance Discussions
VizualXTC

Question For all 2.5L-ers

Post by VizualXTC »

I was just wondering about a few things for after the 2.5L swap. <P>Does the insurance increase? if so, how much did yours?<BR>I know it's more dificult to pass emissions(klze), but do they give you any crap because of the new engine?<BR>For the TC/SC KL's is it harder to pass emissions with the forced induction?<P>Any help with these questions would be excellent. Thanks
~Ryan~

1994 MX-3 GS Teal
Stock V6 with insane potential
1987 Toyota Pickup
SR5 Xtracab Turbo

--The slow wait until the green light, while the FAST already left when the red went out--

--Sex should be like driving a Honda....slow, obscene, and loud enough for the neighbors to hear--
ImageImage
pelado

Re: Question For all 2.5L-ers

Post by pelado »

OK, who actually called their insurance agent to tell him they swapped engines?<P>I sure didn't call mine.
KLZE, ZE PCM, UR pulley, PS catback, PS STS, PRM, IAC bypass, 64mm TB, FOP hair gel
davidosk024

Post by davidosk024 »

Pelado <P>if you crash ur car u wont get a replacement engine or replacement parts for the ze. this is cause the insurance company has ur car as a 1.8 or 2ltr on their data base. <BR>if you dont tell em u loose if u wreck it.
In
Eunos 30x, v6
KL-ZE, 2.5in exhaust, K&N intake
Unichip, LSD, 13lb flywheel, ACT2 clutch, NGK iridium Plugs, Top Gun Leads...<p>Goin In
Cams, Headers, TB, Extractors,
Bored to 2.8, Mazdaspeed Struts, Mazdaspeed strut tops,
Mazdaspeed swaybars, Eibach springs, Cusco Adj. Strut tops, Body kit, Altezza lights, Short shifter, Crossdrilled rotors and Calipers from AP racing, Braided brake lines, Braided clutch line, Mazdaspeed steering wheel, Mazdaspeed Leather shift knob,
viocurse

Post by viocurse »

then theres my case were i have 25/50/25 liability, no collision, and a $500 on comprehensive and i pay 271/month with a clean record.<P>I'f you don't have collision coverage don't bother to tell them because your car is not covered anyways.
Cam
Teal 1992 MX-3 5-spd
:1.8liters of V6 fury, 2 shiny tips:
:for sale:
MazdaSpeed?

Post by Guest »

well i think if you have alot of mods done then its best to get it apprased by the insurence company that way if you do wreck it your not getting blue book, if your like around 25 then you might aswell inform them and make the changes to your insurance, first id make sure the klze is legal to be in your car, i dont know what the deal is with that since they have those disclaimers on there web sites, anyways if your like me and 20 with no coverge then do like the guy above and say screw it.
pelado

Post by pelado »

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by davidosk024:<BR><STRONG>Pelado <P>if you crash ur car u wont get a replacement engine or replacement parts for the ze. this is cause the insurance company has ur car as a 1.8 or 2ltr on their data base. <BR>if you dont tell em u loose if u wreck it.</STRONG><HR></BLOCKQUOTE><P>I only have liability on it anyway. [img]shrug.gif"%20border="0[/img] <P>If I wreck it, it gets parted out in the For Sale board.<P>Even if I had comprehensive, I doubt if my insurance co. would give me more than blue book anyway, that won't begin to cover what I have in it.<P>If I lived in California (I used to but I don't now obviously) or some other totalitarian state, then why would I tell anyone I had performed an illegal engine swap?<p>[ November 11, 2002: Message edited by: pelado ]
KLZE, ZE PCM, UR pulley, PS catback, PS STS, PRM, IAC bypass, 64mm TB, FOP hair gel
Mnemonic
Forum Moderator

Post by Mnemonic »

actualy there is no point to insure the 2.5, cause if u crash it im sure mazda would charge u alot for the 1.8l for an mx3 ;)
08 Infiniti G37s 6speed (The Daily)
Stillen Cold Air Intake, Z1 Plenum Power Mod, Z1 Headers, Z1 Test Pipe, OBX (Ark) Exhaust, Up-Rev Osiris Engine Management (Tuned at Z1), 20x9" 20x10" Str Racing Concave Staggered Rims, SPC Camber kit, Tein H Techs Springs

01 Lexus Is300 (LS2 Project)
93 Mx3 SE 2.5 KLZE (sold it)
93 Mx3 GS 2.0 KFZE (killed it)
Taras

Post by Taras »

Why would you tell them, Mazda replacement parts will fit, like radiator etc, and a new engine cost will probably pay for a new ZE anyways.
Taras
'92 GS Gray ZE
'05 Gixxer 750
MxWest VP
www.mx-west.com
VizualXTC

Post by VizualXTC »

Alright, lots of controversy on wether to tell the insurance company or not, but nobody has answered the questions.<P>The most important question is passing emissions with the turbo.
~Ryan~

1994 MX-3 GS Teal
Stock V6 with insane potential
1987 Toyota Pickup
SR5 Xtracab Turbo

--The slow wait until the green light, while the FAST already left when the red went out--

--Sex should be like driving a Honda....slow, obscene, and loud enough for the neighbors to hear--
ImageImage
lazzyie

Post by lazzyie »

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by pelado:<BR><STRONG><BR>If I lived in California (I used to but I don't now obviously) or some other totalitarian state, then why would I tell anyone I had performed an illegal engine swap?<BR></STRONG><HR></BLOCKQUOTE><BR> :)
93 Mx-3 GS klze swapped(sold)
96 Integra LS DD
91 Crx Si drag car
2.0L sleeved gsr block, forged internals, skunk2 valvetrain, HP racing intake manifold, Holset H1 turbo, 1000cc injectors, short geared lsd transmission, 3" turboback exhaust. 20 psi :)
Anto

Post by Anto »

I wasn't able to pass emissions with my ZE, due to no EGR connected and no CAT on the car.<P>I pay a friend $80 for the sticker every year. ;)<P>Anto

Return to “V6 Technical/Performance”