uknow that tube in intake?

V6 Technical/Performance Discussions
MI-Archangel

uknow that tube in intake?

Post by MI-Archangel »

the tube in intake can i just pull it out cuz it keeps falling off that tube that leasds from the vaf sensor to under car can i just get rid of it?
Taras

Re: uknow that tube in intake?

Post by Taras »

No, do not get rid of it, It is a resonance tube, you need it for proper intake resonance. It holds a specific volume of air. Throttle response and all.
Taras
'92 GS Gray ZE
'05 Gixxer 750
MxWest VP
www.mx-west.com
lazzyie

Post by lazzyie »

nah its just there to muffle sound it doesnt do anything, just take it off
93 Mx-3 GS klze swapped(sold)
96 Integra LS DD
91 Crx Si drag car
2.0L sleeved gsr block, forged internals, skunk2 valvetrain, HP racing intake manifold, Holset H1 turbo, 1000cc injectors, short geared lsd transmission, 3" turboback exhaust. 20 psi :)
Chris Wilson

Post by Chris Wilson »

hrmmm who do you want to believe?<P>I was actually wondering the same thing about that tube well I guess I will have to see what other people say
millionflame

Post by millionflame »

You can get rid of it, but you have to replace it with another tube with a port for the vacuum hose on it.<P>The ribs are just there to reduce the sound and speed of the air more than the air box already has.<P>~A
~ Millionflame (94 GS 120K)
Smokin mx-3

Post by Smokin mx-3 »

you can get rid of that vacuum port altogether and get vacuum from some where else
David Coleman

Post by David Coleman »

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by JDM:<BR><STRONG>No, do not get rid of it, It is a resonance tube, you need it for proper intake resonance. It holds a specific volume of air. Throttle response and all.</STRONG><HR></BLOCKQUOTE><P>I agree with Taras. Taras has been around these cars longer than I, some of you guys from the list might remember him. Glad to have you around Taras!
David Coleman
I used to know alot about MX-3's, but not so much anymore. Oh well.
BATTOSAI

Post by BATTOSAI »

I did some test runs with and without the "Black Horne" and I noticed that without the tube, some low end response was lost,as expected.<p>[ November 09, 2002: Message edited by: BATTOSAI ]
European Mx3 GsRT
bugz

Post by bugz »

the black tub that runs to the upper part if the intake ? runs from the valve covers to the intake ? as far as im aware its a breather from the valve covers i removed mine an added another little filter $14 us an i havent lost anything but got a deeper intake noise ..
92GS.KLze 2.5 ,CT26 TURBO,40K MILES,Ram air intake,2.5 cat back,coming.pullys,cams,Pistons,
valves & springs,venom injectors.
Hy300

Post by Hy300 »

If you put on a breather and remove that tube then plug the hole left on the manifold with something that won't get sucked in.
bugz

Post by bugz »

i took the silicon hose from a ram air kit from the intake to the air flow sencer then to the ram air fits nicly, souds goddly
92GS.KLze 2.5 ,CT26 TURBO,40K MILES,Ram air intake,2.5 cat back,coming.pullys,cams,Pistons,
bugz

Post by bugz »

if u plug the hole were the pvc is then the gases from inside the intake will have nowhere to leave the valve covers . the pvc is vacumed to suck out the gases. all u need to do is cut the 1 inch tube thats hooked to the intake an add a filter to it. every thing runs fine an no loss ..
BATTOSAI

Post by BATTOSAI »

I think that you´re confusing black tubing, I think that you are talking about the Pcv (pressure crank ventilation) and at first the post was talking about that tube that comes from the rubber manifold that comes out from the throttle body and diverts into the airbox, and the other side to this blind tube. Or maybe it´s me who is biased!
European Mx3 GsRT
endocyc

Post by endocyc »

I think poor mike is probably pulling his hair out by now and just needs to hear that the manufacturer designed it this way for a reason and you should be looking for a way to make that tube stay in.
treckrtj

Post by treckrtj »

Hey guys. I don't mean to be inconsiderate for a guy tryin to fix his car, but does it seem to you guys that this Mike guy has WAY more problems than normal? I am thinking this guy must drive his car through sand dunes on the weekend, or see how big of a ramp he can jump off of or something. Do you guys think that maybe he has a boring life, also? I get the impression that he sits around asking common-sense questions for the heck of it. Mike, I don't mean to hate on you or anything, but I recommend you think about things before you ask questions, read other people's posts, cause I OFTEN see you ask the same question that someone asked a day before, and lastly, DON'T FIX IT IF IT'S NOT BROKEN!! Just my opinion, not the law... Keep it real!!!

Return to “V6 Technical/Performance”