Car chugging sorta..?

V6 Technical/Performance Discussions
BlueBoi

Car chugging sorta..?

Post by BlueBoi »

Alright....I was driving the other day and my Engine light flickered on and off a couple times..when it did this..my car sorta chugged a couple times..but then it went away...the same thing happened again the next day...it happens when I'm at a cruising speed. It's freakin me out..I keep thinkin my car's gonna die..<BR>Neone know whut the deal is??
chance

Re: Car chugging sorta..?

Post by chance »

EGR
BlueBoi

Post by BlueBoi »

? Whut ?
Ramdao

Post by Ramdao »

Check the cranckshaft pulley sensor cable,check if the alt. belt´s cutting it!
BlueBoi

Post by BlueBoi »

Me again...so yea..I was just driving my car and it stalled at a stop sign..it started up after a few trys..I started to go again..and it stalled..so I took it home. On the way home it was chugging and the engine light was coming on. Is it my fuel filter or something else..?<BR>Maybe I have the same problem as Aiden..A vacum leak? Is that whut it sounds like?
killerpickle

Post by killerpickle »

mine kinda chugs now that its cold out. right until it warms up, then its perfect. I need new o2 sensors...
Tom Alexander
93 MX3 GSR - KLZE / stage 3 clutch / PRM Intake / 2.25" exhaust - dual 3" outlet
full custom black and red interior / KLZE ECU / JE50 VAF
http://home.cogeco.ca/~mx3/ - updated dec 1/03
chance

Post by chance »

in your first post you said it was happening at cruising speed, thats probly the egr. but if its happening at stop signs, its likly a fuel or a spark problem. i'm pretty sure the fuel filter wouldn't set off you engine light. give everything a good visual inpection, check spark plugs, wires, cap, rotor, vacuum lines. also you could try pulling the vacuum line off of your fuel pressure regulator to see if any fuel leaks out, if it does your regulator is shot.<BR>I hope some of this helps man
BlueBoi

Post by BlueBoi »

Hey..yea..it's wierd, sometimes I'll drive my car for an hour and nothing with happen, she'll run perfect..but other times it'll start to act up.<BR>Neways...I'll check that stuff out. Thanks for the help man.

Return to “V6 Technical/Performance”