MILAGE

V6 Technical/Performance Discussions
P_Dubya

MILAGE

Post by P_Dubya »

I'm looking at buying a 92 GS and i was just wondering how everyone's car is performing with alot of kilometres on them. this one has like 215 000 km (153 000 miles). any major engine problems after this many clicks?? thanks.
chance

Re: MILAGE

Post by chance »

i'm over 130,000 miles on my 92 GS, i've kept it well maintained for the 8 thousand i've put on it but i've had no major problems to date and i'm pretty damn hard on my car.
Mnemonic
Forum Moderator

Post by Mnemonic »

im at 145,000 miles no complaints here
08 Infiniti G37s 6speed (The Daily)
Stillen Cold Air Intake, Z1 Plenum Power Mod, Z1 Headers, Z1 Test Pipe, OBX (Ark) Exhaust, Up-Rev Osiris Engine Management (Tuned at Z1), 20x9" 20x10" Str Racing Concave Staggered Rims, SPC Camber kit, Tein H Techs Springs

01 Lexus Is300 (LS2 Project)
93 Mx3 SE 2.5 KLZE (sold it)
93 Mx3 GS 2.0 KFZE (killed it)
Paragon

Post by Paragon »

i have a RS...i've just rolled 154 and still running strong
Paragon

Post by Paragon »

i have a RS...i've just rolled 154 and still running strong
viocurse

Post by viocurse »

I have a GS w/ 113k miles, and I am about to kick it to the curb. but darnit! i still want the POS. WHY? i don't know why...<P>broken stuff since i bought it.<P>1. drivers side power window button broke while window was down $179<BR>2. 4 wheel allignment/2 new tires/new belts $360<BR>3. Starter $Free from dealer<BR>4. Shifter mount $goes in tomorrow 100-200? (it's not a DIYS fix, i pulled one side of the 3 up on the curb and climbed under for a look. the mount is firmly attached with all 4 bolts, but those 2 rubber mounts in the middle are sheared clean off.)<BR>5. Passenger seatbelt cable $? recall doesn't cover it since it's been fixed b4, i talked to the dealer and they ran my VIN, and said i would probably have to pay full price. but "they'll look into it because the motor has a lifetime warrenty" (not the binded cable)<BR>6. horribly ugly noise from front end $? mechanics don't know whats broken. they said, "drive it until it breaks, then we'll fix it."<BR>7. leaking brake fluid everywhere $free with my wrench<BR>8. $? tomorrow? I've only had the car since 10/10.
Cam
Teal 1992 MX-3 5-spd
:1.8liters of V6 fury, 2 shiny tips:
:for sale:
MazdaSpeed?
Ogimoj

Post by Ogimoj »

About to hit 190,000 miles on my GS with no real complaints. Have only had to do regular maintenance items.
Buff1110
Supporting Member

Post by Buff1110 »

148k miles on my 92 gs<BR>only things replaced are normal maintenance and the disty<BR>Dan
Dan
92 Mx-3 Gs, KLZE Powered!! - SOLD!!!!
02 Tacoma TRD - Daily
93 Honda del Sol - New Project
lazzyie

Post by lazzyie »

174,000 miles, engine on its last leg at 169,000 so ze swapped, needs suspension, front rotors, thats about it :)
93 Mx-3 GS klze swapped(sold)
96 Integra LS DD
91 Crx Si drag car
2.0L sleeved gsr block, forged internals, skunk2 valvetrain, HP racing intake manifold, Holset H1 turbo, 1000cc injectors, short geared lsd transmission, 3" turboback exhaust. 20 psi :)
macnwigs

Post by macnwigs »

I just hit 245,000/kms this morning...had it since 200,000 about a year ago. Car runs strong and other than general repairs the car is awesome!!! :D
"A man is only as old as the woman he feels"
Groucho Marx (1895-1977)

"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former."
-Albert Einstein
dylanmx3

Post by dylanmx3 »

224k 109k When I bought it a year and a half ago. She's burning oil when she's cold but nothing that sane driving wouldn't have avoided...I'm pretty hard on it. The ATX puked in the spring...good excuse for an MTX swap...did the disty too. Other than that it's been a great car. Nothing but pure pleasure to drive...especially after getting that boat anchor of an ATX out of it. In my experience most of the suspension noises come from the sway bar links...I've changed two so far. I'm working on a more durable solution to those. One thing to remember...anyone who doesn't do regular maintenence on a car and is looking to sell it is looking to sell you a lot of problems. That'll happen with any car. Read viocurse's "Wow another thing broke" post. A quick look at the tires before buying it coulda saved the alignment $ ,a new set of tires and told a lot about the guy selling it if they didn't tell you that up front.<BR>Good luck,<BR>Dylan

Return to “V6 Technical/Performance”