Signal light

General Mazda MX-3 Discussions
Lil Ruby

Signal light

Post by Lil Ruby »

I am having a problem with my front left turn signal light. I changed the bulb and it still does not work. What's funny about it is, it flashes really fast inside the car and in the rear. Could it possibly be a wiring problem, if so am I looking to spend some serious cash??? I would appreciate any suggestions8)

Re: Signal light

Post by Guest »

does the light come on at all with the park lites on? I bet its just a loose wire or ground up close. No you want have spend any money to fix it. The fast light inside is a way of telling you that you have a burned bulb or problem with the a bulb, thats all,<P>take care, Chris
ApocalipticSol

Post by ApocalipticSol »

that is the way of the car to notify you that a light isnt working.... same with my old CRX...... you could check the wirring cause it could be bitten by skirls or check for the place were the bulb goes maybe its dirty..... rusted.... i say you take it out and put the other side one in is the best way to find out
GMGQ

Post by GMGQ »

It's probably just the contact between the bulb and the socket. Try this:<P>1. Take the bulb out of the housing and let it dangle there<BR>2. flip on the turn signal for that bulb<BR>3. holding the socket with one hand, push the bulb into the socket with the other hand(wear gloves or something!); see if you can make better contact<P>If the flashing slows down to normal when you push down, then yeah, you'll have to play around with it. <P>Usually mine does that when I take out a bulb on the driver side. Then after a while I can seat the bulb properly, and it won't flash fast anymore. Just gotta be careful when putting it back in the housing. Else it will get loose again (?!?!). <P>Maybe take something and scratch at the connectors inside the socket, they might be a little bit corroded.<P>Else, just wiggle the wiring while and see if it will flash normally when you push the wiring a certain way. If that fixes it, then you'll have to play around with the wiring and maybe do some resoldering.<P><BR>Gary Mui<BR>Sales Representative<BR>Streamline Innovations 2<BR>Vancouver, BC, Canada<BR>604.312.9588 <P><A HREF="http://www.SInnovations2.com" TARGET=_blank>www.SInnovations2.com</A> <BR> <A HREF="http://mx3slimvisors.2ya.com" TARGET=_blank>mx3slimvisors.2ya.com</A> <p>[This message has been edited by GMGQ (edited July 18, 2001).]
Gary Mui ( mx3style@shaw.ca )
Vancouver, BC, Canada
http://mx3slimvisors.2ya.com
RanMan

Post by RanMan »

I had a similar problem with my Isuzu pickup. I changed the bulb and I noticed the the replacement was REALLY difficult to get back into the plug. When I would use my turn signals, all my interior lights would flash and they were flashing really fast. It would act crazy. I could just be driving and the turn signal and my rear taillight would just come on (not blink, just solid) for no reason and I could not get it to turn off. Come to find out, there are 2 prongs on the side of the bulb. One prong is towards the bottom and one is towards the top. I had the bulb in backwards (thus the reason it was so difficult to get in). I reversed the bulb and it works perfect. If you look at the plug, you will see that the slots are different heights, make sure that you orient the bulb correctly. Something so simple really had me worried that something serious was wrong with my wiring. I know it sounds silly, but it is worth checking out. Hope this helps.
Lil Ruby

Post by Lil Ruby »

Thanks guys for all your suggestions. Come to find out, the socket had some serious corrosion. I thought it was the wiring because after wiggling it, it would stop and start doing it again. So if this happens to anybody just check the socket. <P>Happy turning

Return to “General Mazda MX-3”