Loud, crunching clutch

V6 Technical/Performance Discussions
thebonestockkid

Loud, crunching clutch

Post by thebonestockkid »

hey everyone, i use the word crunch because i have no better way of explaining how the clutch sounds when its pushed in. well that and squeaky too. it started a while ago and has been getting progressivly worse. i thought it might be a cable but i really have no idea, all i know is im starting to get some wierd looks while at lights or while im driving stop and go :eek: through busy parking lots.. it can be pretty loud at times lol. i just hope i dont need a new clutch (doesnt slip when driving REGULAR). anyone have any ideas? <P><BR>frank
Image'97 Grenada black pearl Acura EL, JDM B18C 98spec ITR Swap. Power in Control full coilovers going in next spring. Not to mention a most unusual whining noise... coming soon.

'92 Intense blue pearl Jeep YJ, OME lift, mudders, fun.

R.I.P.
'93 Clear white GS-DE ~14.648@92.98mph, 2.234 60ft. PARTING OUT PM ME.
5spd_GS

Re: Loud, crunching clutch

Post by 5spd_GS »

the clutch is wearing.. new one soon maybe??<P>how many KM's/Miles..
Calen Sansom
1994 MX-3 GS Sparkle Green
ProtegeSTS

Post by ProtegeSTS »

maybe throwout bearing or pressure plate? I could be wrong.<P>Both mean that the tranny is coming off the car.
-93 MR2
#129 E-stock
thebonestockkid

Post by thebonestockkid »

the car has 180k... and STS, the tranny is coming off the car?? jesus man, looks like im really screwed if thats the problem. ah well, the tranny isnt the greatest anyway, grinds 1-2 and 4-5, bah, thanks for the help guys, i appriciate it.
Image'97 Grenada black pearl Acura EL, JDM B18C 98spec ITR Swap. Power in Control full coilovers going in next spring. Not to mention a most unusual whining noise... coming soon.

'92 Intense blue pearl Jeep YJ, OME lift, mudders, fun.

R.I.P.
'93 Clear white GS-DE ~14.648@92.98mph, 2.234 60ft. PARTING OUT PM ME.
MX30wner

Post by MX30wner »

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by thebonestockkid:<BR><STRONG>the car has 180k... and STS, the tranny is coming off the car?? jesus man, looks like im really screwed if thats the problem. ah well, the tranny isnt the greatest anyway, grinds 1-2 and 4-5, bah, thanks for the help guys, i appriciate it.</STRONG><HR></BLOCKQUOTE><P>Mine grinds in the same f***ing spot. I hate it.
Teal '92 V6 MX-3 Precidia - w00t!

Return to “V6 Technical/Performance”