Re: KLZE HEADERS?

Post by ProtegeSTS »

Pelado, i dont think youre a jerk :)
-93 MR2
#129 E-stock
eviltwinkie

Post by eviltwinkie »

Yes its true that a properly tuned header system will give you a nice fat increase across the powerband, but the ones that are sold specifically for the 2.5L...are only designed to give the big HP numbers with almost a complete disregard for where the peak is. I can make a header system that would give 200+ gains but would only be good at 15000 rpm to 15001 rpm (jokingly)... that gain isnt very good considering that its nearly impossible to get to 15k and stay at 1 rpm...its not really worth it...yeah I totally agree with you, but trying to get a properly tuned header without a dyno, and it costing below 1,500 bucks...well the aftermarket peaky ones will do... =)
You did what to what?!?!
zevirii

Post by zevirii »

pelado,<P>If you don't wanna see stuff posted over and over, then the admins of this site need to make the FAQ's updated. If this question along with many other questions were in the FAQS then we would all be happy...<P>The thing that gets me though is that I come to this board to find info and help, when I searched there was very little info and all of it was very general. Nowhere did anyone say anything would work without heavy modification. So I started a new thread, notice the topic hits right on the subject(if you search everything else has bad tittles), so now when people search later this will pop up and they will learn what they need to know.. Only in this thread were the boral and hotshot headers said to work. And I don't see how I am a jerk, I did nothing other than say people like you giving other people a bunch of s--- before you ask if I even searched have no place posting on a subject unless you intend to help... All you did at first was start a negitive enviroment... But thats fine you go ahead and think of me as a jerk, but I can tell you this... There are going to be alot of people that come here for answers and because of you they will leave thinking that we are all a--holes... So keep up the good work pelado...
lazzyie

Post by lazzyie »

highest hp n/a probes have pacesetter headers, the quality has improved incredibly, good luck with the engine swap man! Hope you love the car! It's fun!
93 Mx-3 GS klze swapped(sold)
96 Integra LS DD
91 Crx Si drag car
2.0L sleeved gsr block, forged internals, skunk2 valvetrain, HP racing intake manifold, Holset H1 turbo, 1000cc injectors, short geared lsd transmission, 3" turboback exhaust. 20 psi :)
pelado

Post by pelado »

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by zevirii:<BR>[QB..There are going to be alot of people that come here for answers and because of you they will leave thinking that we are all a--holes... So keep up the good work pelado...[/QB]<HR></BLOCKQUOTE><P>Just doing what I can, sweetheart, just doing what I can! By the way, we're not ALL a--holes! :D
KLZE, ZE PCM, UR pulley, PS catback, PS STS, PRM, IAC bypass, 64mm TB, FOP hair gel
zevirii

Post by zevirii »

Well at least you have a sense of humor pelado... hehe :p
BATTOSAI

Post by BATTOSAI »

Hey guys! I´ve founded in a japanese page headers designed for the Kl-ze. They also had a picture, but I did wrong and didn´t note the URL. I´ll try to find it out again and tell you what is it.
European Mx3 GsRT
lstpier
Supporting Member

Post by lstpier »

Is there someone on this list that actually installed PGT/626-specific headers on the MX-3? <P>Only heard about 2 horror stories a couple of years ago involving custom work and resulting in NO power gain (Tekguy, Vaughn).<P>Want to see pics, want to see dyno data!
eviltwinkie

Post by eviltwinkie »

There have been a few people who have installed the hotshots that I am aware of, thats why I am planning on installing them, everyone I spoke with on the matter before joining this board told me that all that needed to be done was relocating the cat, the powergains seen was anywhere from 10-20+ bhp on a dyno...checking over my huge archive from years ago I found a few pictures from an install that were given to me...ill post them on my site and post a link here...once and for all we are going to put this argument to rest, I will see if I can talk to protech locally about getting it on a dyno...but one of the head guys who drives a 750bhp supra used to have a KLZE stroked/turbo probe...speaking with him about it he also recommended the hotshots for two reasons according to him....one they gave him the most N/A hp on the dyno they have in house...and two since they are modular units its easy to keep the headers and redo the plumbing for a turbo later...he seemed to know what he was talking about, and we went into details such as the volume per cyl and scavaging...I am going to be building another MX-3/turbo KLZE and have spent many hours going thru on paper and tinkering with the current KL's intake/exhaust system to try to get every ounce of performance I can. I'm going to take my car into the garage in about 6 weeks to conduct the swap...I'll go buy dyno time with and without the headers...I will leave the engine totally stock with the exception of the ECU/intake...the ZE is very air hungry, and it wouldnt make much sense to improve the exhaust without at least feeding it the extra air to utilize it...we will just see...however at least on paper and to the probe boys, the hotshots are the way to go..
You did what to what?!?!
Smokin mx-3

Post by Smokin mx-3 »

I have brospeed headers on mx-3<BR>what I have heard is that brospeed give you power gain in every part of the power band <BR>pacesetter take low power away and give you more top end <BR>I don't know about hot shot <BR>pacesetter are the cheapest <BR>that is why alot of people buy them<BR>brospeed are 300 more then pacesetter<BR>personally I have heard pacesetters on a mx6 and it sounded like s--- then he put brospeed on and sounded and gave him more power

Return to “V6 Technical/Performance”