KLZE HEADERS?

V6 Technical/Performance Discussions
zevirii

KLZE HEADERS?

Post by zevirii »

When I get my KLZE swap done, what do I do about headers? I want to make sure I am not hurting the horsepower of the engine... Can a muffler shop make headers for it or something?
pelado

Re: KLZE HEADERS?

Post by pelado »

You've been on here long enough to know how to search.
KLZE, ZE PCM, UR pulley, PS catback, PS STS, PRM, IAC bypass, 64mm TB, FOP hair gel
Hy300

Post by Hy300 »

He's right, no disrespect, but you should search. I'm sure a shop could make you headers, for a hefty price. Also they may be more expensive and take longer as I believe the ZE has rectangular manifolds (someone correct me if I'm wrong, my memory is fuzzy on this).
Max

Post by Max »

Hotshot headers...<BR>ww.rr-racing.com
Max

Post by Max »

<A HREF="http://www.rr-racing.com" TARGET=_blank>www.rr-racing.com</A>
zevirii

Post by zevirii »

pelado & hy300,<P>No disrespect, but in the time you wasted to tell me I should search you could have given me a answer... I am getting so tired of people thinking everything is under the search feature... Give it up and just help the person asking... MY GOD THIS IS A FORUM NOT A DATABASE!!!!! <P>On that note, I DID SEARCH... Only a few things came up, but most of what I found didn't really say what would work... They all said nothing straight bolts up everything has to be modifed.. However another person I talk to over the internet that gives me answers not search this or search that, sugested hotshot headers. He said most likely they would fit... <P>What I was asking was who has successfully put headers on with little to no modification and which ones where they?<p>[ October 12, 2002: Message edited by: zevirii ]
lazzyie

Post by lazzyie »

pacesetters, and hotshot fit ok, just need to reweld y pipe
93 Mx-3 GS klze swapped(sold)
96 Integra LS DD
91 Crx Si drag car
2.0L sleeved gsr block, forged internals, skunk2 valvetrain, HP racing intake manifold, Holset H1 turbo, 1000cc injectors, short geared lsd transmission, 3" turboback exhaust. 20 psi :)
Smokin mx-3

Post by Smokin mx-3 »

get hot shot or brospeed sorry to say ps header might be cheap but there is a reason for that they suck <BR>you don't have to mod the y pipe just don't put a cat on
ProtegeSTS

Post by ProtegeSTS »

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Smokin mx-3:<BR><STRONG>get hot shot or brospeed sorry to say ps header might be cheap but there is a reason for that they suck <BR>you don't have to mod the y pipe just don't put a cat on</STRONG><HR></BLOCKQUOTE><P>As i understood, the Pacesetters had the longest equal length primaries and actually made the most power. But true, most everything they make is NOT a piece of art in terms of quality.
-93 MR2
#129 E-stock
zevirii

Post by zevirii »

Looks like I am going to try the Hotshots... I goto PROTECH monday to lay down the deposit for everything... Swap and all should be done within 2 weeks... I will let you guys know then...
aaronthehic

Post by aaronthehic »

brospeed dog!<P>pace setters both face to the back of the car (don't quote me) but bro speed have a y pipe like stock so a flex is easy to fit<P><BR>headers suck anyway makes you car sound like a v-tec and who wants that.<P>and the drivability sucks<P>and the heat from the pipes blistered the paint onmy oil pan which is really good if your car likes overheated oil but mine does not :mad:
13.023 @ 105 mph
zevirii

Post by zevirii »

So your tring to tell me that headers suck? I thought I am going to gain like 15-20 hp with these... Atleast that is what I am told... hmmmm
eviltwinkie

Post by eviltwinkie »

headers will give you more HP but with a sacrifice in power at a certain rpm band, it all depends on how you drive, and what kind of driving your going to be doing. The headers are good in that they give the HP at a nice and peaky point towards the end of the rpm band, sooo with all the traction problems of powering the MX-3 over its measley 130HP, its actually helps out a bit. Reduces wheelspin on launch allowing you a better chance of hooking up before you hit that nice peak in the powerband...kinda feels like turbo, and unlike the previous post...it wont make your car sound like crap, because the diffrence is heard in the higher +4K rpm range, so unless you drive around reving your engine over 4K all the time, you probably wouldnt even notice it most of the time...
You did what to what?!?!
eviltwinkie

Post by eviltwinkie »

SmokingMX3: I keep hearing about the ZE ecu that you can get...what exactly are they, and how have you corrected the VRIS points problem? Reason being that I am in the process of MX-3 v2.0 and the first time around I had to use the 1.8 ECU because it had the most compatible VRIS points...I would like to get the ZE ecu, in my 2.0...
You did what to what?!?!
pelado

Post by pelado »

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by zevirii:<BR><STRONG>pelado & hy300,<P>MY GOD THIS IS A FORUM NOT A DATABASE!!!!! <P>[ October 12, 2002: Message edited by: zevirii ]</STRONG><HR></BLOCKQUOTE><P>Correction, this is a forum AND a database. How do you think the search feature works? It's a query of a database.<P>You may think of me as a jerk, but in my eyes you're the real jerk. Every answer I've seen so far on this thread - I've seen before. Every time someone asks a question that's been asked dozens of times before makes the search feature harder to use. It's why searching for "KLZE" is a waste of time. You'll find too many threads with too much of the same information and none of the info you're looking for.<P>Your answer:<BR>Hurricane headers are no longer available.<BR>PS build quality sucks, they don't have a flexpipe, and are too long. Some have shown better power gains with PS, however.<BR>Same for Bosal (Brosal, whatever) except their build quality is better.<BR>Hotshot headers are expensive but quality is much better and they have a flex pipe. Still too long, you'll need to shorten your catback or ditch the cat.<P>All of the above could have been found with a search. Blow me.
KLZE, ZE PCM, UR pulley, PS catback, PS STS, PRM, IAC bypass, 64mm TB, FOP hair gel

Return to “V6 Technical/Performance”