Is a PRM intake transferable to a KLZE

V6 Technical/Performance Discussions
Vandal

Is a PRM intake transferable to a KLZE

Post by Vandal »

I think the topic explains the question...But.<P>I am thinking of doing the ZE swap in the summer, but I have heard rave reviews about the PRM intake and would like to put one on now.<P>So, lemme know!<P>Vandal.<P><BR>p.s. i posted this topic in Forced Induction as well by mistake.
Blair Wendell<P>1993 GS SE. <BR>Black Headlights, Custom shifter+pedals<BR>more to follow...
lazzyie

Re: Is a PRM intake transferable to a KLZE

Post by lazzyie »

yes it is if you get the curved neck im but the prm for the 1.8 will suffocate the car above 5000rpms, or so i hear
93 Mx-3 GS klze swapped(sold)
96 Integra LS DD
91 Crx Si drag car
2.0L sleeved gsr block, forged internals, skunk2 valvetrain, HP racing intake manifold, Holset H1 turbo, 1000cc injectors, short geared lsd transmission, 3" turboback exhaust. 20 psi :)
killerpickle

Post by killerpickle »

lazzyie: are you trying to say that the Prm intake purchased for the 1.8 is not large enough for a 2.5 litre? Having a ze with this setup, I dont notice any kind of power loss at any rpm...but this idea is interesting. I may have more room for power in the intake department :)
Tom Alexander
93 MX3 GSR - KLZE / stage 3 clutch / PRM Intake / 2.25" exhaust - dual 3" outlet
full custom black and red interior / KLZE ECU / JE50 VAF
http://home.cogeco.ca/~mx3/ - updated dec 1/03
lazzyie

Post by lazzyie »

like i said, so i hear not sure if it is larger or smaller than a regular 2.5 intake, i have a $20 ram air system off of lucs site, screw paying over $150 for a k&n filter and some shiny aluminum 3" piping with a 90 degree turn in it
93 Mx-3 GS klze swapped(sold)
96 Integra LS DD
91 Crx Si drag car
2.0L sleeved gsr block, forged internals, skunk2 valvetrain, HP racing intake manifold, Holset H1 turbo, 1000cc injectors, short geared lsd transmission, 3" turboback exhaust. 20 psi :)
ProtegeSTS

Post by ProtegeSTS »

thats not what the PRM is... [img]shrug.gif"%20border="0[/img]
-93 MR2
#129 E-stock
Golliwog

Post by Golliwog »

Personally I'm not doing anything major to my car till I get the engine swap out of the way. The only thing that might happen prior would be rims.
-Golli

Return to “V6 Technical/Performance”