egr disable

V6 Technical/Performance Discussions
cashmoneyspeed

egr disable

Post by cashmoneyspeed »

anyone know what size resistor i should use when deleting the egr? also, how should i go about taking the egr system off? I love this site. thanks for all your help
SOLD - 93 GS Custom intake, exhaust, phenolic spacers, port matching, front upper strut bar, 17" wheels, dragon body graphics, black/white interior, sound system, tints, altezza tails & 3rd brake altezza, g-force front

'94 Caprice - rolling fast and low on 20's along with some custom goodies

'86 Regal - Hydraulics, custom wheels, custom paint, shaved, phantom top, leather, power, and lots of chrome

'92 - New import project in the works, should be out in '09
pelado

Re: egr disable

Post by pelado »

Thank you for not searching.
KLZE, ZE PCM, UR pulley, PS catback, PS STS, PRM, IAC bypass, 64mm TB, FOP hair gel
cashmoneyspeed

Post by cashmoneyspeed »

okay, i still can't find anything about after i take off the egr piping and plug up the holes. what should i do about the electronic end of it? please, some one let me know.
SOLD - 93 GS Custom intake, exhaust, phenolic spacers, port matching, front upper strut bar, 17" wheels, dragon body graphics, black/white interior, sound system, tints, altezza tails & 3rd brake altezza, g-force front

'86 Regal - Hydraulics, custom wheels, custom paint, shaved, phantom top, leather, power, and lots of chrome

lazzyie

Post by lazzyie »

egr can be removed and the whole plugged but you need to have a vaccum source for the vent/vac to read off of so that you do now throw up a code on the check engine light, you need a block off plate to seal up the place where the egr was too, why remove it anyways?
93 Mx-3 GS klze swapped(sold)
96 Integra LS DD
91 Crx Si drag car
2.0L sleeved gsr block, forged internals, skunk2 valvetrain, HP racing intake manifold, Holset H1 turbo, 1000cc injectors, short geared lsd transmission, 3" turboback exhaust. 20 psi :)
cashmoneyspeed

Post by cashmoneyspeed »

I figured removing it would be more cost effective than replacing it because i have a code 16 for egr and just replaced the valve 10,000 miles ago. any thoughts?

lazzyie

Post by lazzyie »

reread code 16 on mx-3.com, online shop manual f2-74, may be electrical not actually egr, just fyi<p>[ September 23, 2002: Message edited by: lazzyie ]
96 Integra LS DD
91 Crx Si drag car
2.0L sleeved gsr block, forged internals, skunk2 valvetrain, HP racing intake manifold, Holset H1 turbo, 1000cc injectors, short geared lsd transmission, 3" turboback exhaust. 20 psi :)
spiral

Post by spiral »

so what does the egr do?<BR>i have the same sensor problem on mine, it seems that everything is ok, but the check engine light keeps turnning on and off.<BR>is the egr really necesary?<BR> [img]shrug.gif"%20border="0[/img]
lazzyie

Post by lazzyie »

spiral, your egr is definately nessisary because you live in California and we have the strictest emissions laws in the US, the egr recirculates gas from the exhaust into the intake manifold to cut down on emmisions, basically you need one to pass a visual in california
96 Integra LS DD
91 Crx Si drag car
codyhoover

Post by codyhoover »

you do realize that the EGR valve is fully shut at WOT so all you've done is made it harder to pass emitions?
-Cody
Green '92 GS
140db on 1 12"
chance

Post by chance »

leave the damn thing in there, all you have to do is unbolt the egr valve put a block off plate behind it and bolt it back up. you can use a piece of paper gasket material or a piece of cereal box works. take the old gasket out and use it for a patern, just don't make the hole in the middle of it. you can leave the pipe conneted too. this way you can pass the visual for an e check

Return to “V6 Technical/Performance”