KF engine

V6 Technical/Performance Discussions
Aston Wards

KF engine

Post by Aston Wards »

Just bought a KF and I was wondering if it was supposed to have K8 on the heads, it has definitely got KF on the block but it sounds a lil suss to me, the parts company i got it from say it's okay, is it?
91 Eunos Presso KF-ZE
89 Nissan 300ZX TT 2+2
90 Nissan 300ZX TT 2+0
pelado

Re: KF engine

Post by pelado »

Why would it say K8 on the heads?<BR>If it says KF on the block, then your biggest worry is over.
KLZE, ZE PCM, UR pulley, PS catback, PS STS, PRM, IAC bypass, 64mm TB, FOP hair gel

Post by Guest »

hey man where did you get that engine from, and what did you have to buy with it in order to install it?
Aston Wards

Post by Aston Wards »

here in New Zealand the KF is ultra common, got mine cheaply cos the parts co. had 20 engines in stock, as fer installing, i've got it in the shop right now, i'm hoping everything matches up, but i'll keep ya posted?!
91 Eunos Presso KF-ZE
89 Nissan 300ZX TT 2+2
90 Nissan 300ZX TT 2+0
Aston Wards

Post by Aston Wards »

Just got off the phone, apparently the engine mounts are slightly different, and a coupla other lil things don't match, fixable but it means i'll be carless for the weekend. Hmmm, maybe paying the extra for the KL would have been better?
91 Eunos Presso KF-ZE
89 Nissan 300ZX TT 2+2
90 Nissan 300ZX TT 2+0
presso3

Post by presso3 »

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Vicious:<BR><STRONG>Just got off the phone, apparently the engine mounts are slightly different, and a coupla other lil things don't match, fixable but it means i'll be carless for the weekend. Hmmm, maybe paying the extra for the KL would have been better?</STRONG><HR></BLOCKQUOTE><P>go to KL,it like a real sport car! ;)
92 yellow mtx klze presso,K&N cone filter,KLZE ecu & intake manifold,whiteline front & rear strut bar, apex spring,koni strut,whiteline camber bolt,WHITELINE rear 22mm swaybar,magnecor 8.5mm sparkwire,2.5" custom catback,custom testpipe,FSE fpr,sard oil gas tank,apexi S-AFC,15"RAYS TE37 rim,FALKEN ST-115 tire,EVO4 front brake,mazdaspeed seat,mazdaspeed steering wheel,mazdaspeed front nose
curtklze

Post by curtklze »

I am probably wrong but, maybe you have a KF(2.0L V6) but not the KF-ZE that may be why the heads are K8.<P>again I dont know much about the KF so please dont make fun of me.
DONT SHIP WITH UPS!!! DIE UPS DIE!!!!!
Yes, I AM a bastard
Here is my web site, I made this last year but didnt feel like shareing it untill now.
http://members.rogers.com/curts-klze/

How does this guy know so much?
He's a licenced BMW technician.
Sonicxtacy02

Post by Sonicxtacy02 »

i'm unaware of the different between the KF and KF-ZE... i was under the impression that they are the same thing
Shaun Newman
SOLD 1994 Blaze Red GS/ SOLD 1994 Chaste White GS-R
avino

Post by avino »

how much is a new engine and is it really alot better/faster?
David Coleman

Post by David Coleman »

Just like there's a KLDE and a KLZE, there's a KFDE and KFZE. The KFDE has ~140bhp, the KFZE has ~170bhp due to more compression and better heads/cams.
David Coleman
I used to know alot about MX-3's, but not so much anymore. Oh well.
Aston Wards

Post by Aston Wards »

i'm guessing the DE's are North American engines? What's the difference, is it cos of yer tighter emission laws? 30bhp is a lot to miss out on!
91 Eunos Presso KF-ZE
89 Nissan 300ZX TT 2+2
90 Nissan 300ZX TT 2+0
lazzyie

Post by lazzyie »

lower compression pistons, less aggressive cams, smaller intake runners, like K8de is 130hp/k8ze is 140hp, and yes north america has the "de" version of things!
93 Mx-3 GS klze swapped(sold)
96 Integra LS DD
91 Crx Si drag car
2.0L sleeved gsr block, forged internals, skunk2 valvetrain, HP racing intake manifold, Holset H1 turbo, 1000cc injectors, short geared lsd transmission, 3" turboback exhaust. 20 psi :)
Evil G

Post by Evil G »

Hey Vicious,<P>Whereabouts in NZ are you from??... I'm in Auckland
'93 MX-3 (Eunos Presso)<BR>Custom Intake<BR>10mm ignition leads<BR>Straight through exhaust (no cats)<BR>Automatic->Manual trans. conversion
Aston Wards

Post by Aston Wards »

Christchurch, Evil G!<BR>p.s. don't even think 'bout using a KF engine, the KL sounds SO much easier!
91 Eunos Presso KF-ZE
89 Nissan 300ZX TT 2+2
90 Nissan 300ZX TT 2+0

Return to “V6 Technical/Performance”