ok i installed a cone filter

V6 Technical/Performance Discussions
MI-Archangel

ok i installed a cone filter

Post by MI-Archangel »

installign the filter was very hard had to put sensor in the tube to get it to work took long time thing is the cone is pushed right up against the headlight so its to cramped 4 my liking also i want more air to that spot how do i solve these problem PS i dont want to take out headlight cuz thats illegal
zevirii

Re: ok i installed a cone filter

Post by zevirii »

Hey there Mike.. Make your own full custom intake. Take all the stock crap off.. Goto Home Depot and buy a rubber hose piece where all the PVC pipes are. Try to get 2.5" to 3" connection, however they only had 3" to 3" this will work. Connect the Rubber tube to the throttle body and then connect the VAF(thing with the plug with wires connected to it) to it. Also buy a 3/4" copper ribbed connecter.. Insert that into the rubber piece arround the center. Then buy another 3" to 3" rubber piece and insert another copper insert in it not sure of the size but I am guessing 1/8 or something for that vacuum hose.. Then put the K&N filter on that rubber hose end and there ya go..<P>Part list:<BR>---------------------<BR>2 3"to3" Rubber hose<BR>1 3/4 copper ribbed fitting<BR>1 1/8(NOT SURE) copper ribbed fitting<P>here are some pics<P> Image <BR> Image <BR> Image <BR> Image <P>[ September 17, 2002: Message edited by: zevirii ]<p>[ September 17, 2002: Message edited by: zevirii ]
93emeraldGS

Post by 93emeraldGS »

i'am in a process to get a intake system for my car...are u saying i dont need to buy one and that i can make one?...and how easy is it to install one myself?...let me remind u that iam a total newb when it comes to mechanical work...everything else is not a problem
chance

Post by chance »

Its very easy to do. A half hour at most.<BR>To Zevirii; you should try running your filter down beneath where the factory airbox was. There is a lot of nice cold air flowing under the car. Just a thought
93emeraldGS

Post by 93emeraldGS »

easy to say Chance but no joke iam a newb comes to mechanical work on cars..hehe...so where is that link u where talking about or do u know a link i can read up on with pics?<BR>thx again

Return to “V6 Technical/Performance”