Cool air Intake install?

V6 Technical/Performance Discussions
zevirii

Cool air Intake install?

Post by zevirii »

Hi guys I got a PRM intake kit.. However I have seen alot of cars that remove everything all the way up to the throttle body.. How do they do this? I tried removing just the intake resonator I think it is called(the little motor thing with the electical plugin) anyway it ran like crap. Way to rich.. How can I install this with out all the stuff between the prm intake system and the throttle body?
Hy300

Re: Cool air Intake install?

Post by Hy300 »

I'm not going to insult you like I'm sure someone, eventually, will. But you need that little thing that you just removed. If it has wires running to it, YOU NEED IT. The Throttle Body Spacer is behind your throttle, its a small metal plate about 1/4" thick. Just follow your directions or contact PRM, I'm sure they'd gladly help you through it, putting on cold air is simple once you know what you should and shouldn't do. Just last night (while it's dark and under low light from a latern) my friend and I installed cold air on his car in fifteen minutes. Your kit should've come with all of the necessary silicon adaptor hoses and metal piping for you to connect your removed VAF, thats what you took off, and give you cold air intake.
chance

Post by chance »

the intake resonator is the black pipe that protrudes from the intake hose and goes down. it is not needed.
zevirii

Post by zevirii »

I already installed the PRM intake days ago(in 15 mins). I was just asking how can I get rid of all that junk between the throttle body and the PRM intake. Mainly cause I got a crack in the hoses where they wrinkle. Also cause it just looks better without all that crap... Now I have seen it done without all that, but My question is HOW?
lazzyie

Post by lazzyie »

get some silicon tobing like 2.5in to 3in, then out 3in to 3in,
93 Mx-3 GS klze swapped(sold)
96 Integra LS DD
91 Crx Si drag car
2.0L sleeved gsr block, forged internals, skunk2 valvetrain, HP racing intake manifold, Holset H1 turbo, 1000cc injectors, short geared lsd transmission, 3" turboback exhaust. 20 psi :)
chance

Post by chance »

read the FAQ titled "homemade Intake", its on the V6 FAQ on this site. It wiil tell you exactly how to do it
zevirii

Post by zevirii »

Figured it all out... This what it now looks like.... And MAN DOES IT GROWL now...lol<P> Image <BR> Image <BR> Image <BR> Image
93emeraldGS

Post by 93emeraldGS »

i dont see it Chance...or am i blind?<BR>faq v6 only has the engine swap
93mx3gs

Post by 93mx3gs »

You have to tell it to "Show all topics"
chance

Post by chance »

when I click on V6 Faq, I get a list of 11 FAQs, one of them is titled "Homemade Intake"<BR>I don't know what else to tell you.
93emeraldGS

Post by 93emeraldGS »

fanx guys didnt notice that option up there...thanx again....one last question how much of performance gain is there just from changing the intake from a stock to aftermarket?
Madjeep

Post by Madjeep »

Hey did it really make your car much louder cuz I have that airflow sensor on mine and it restricts the airflow causing the car not to be as loud as I would have liked. Madjeep
David Coleman

Post by David Coleman »

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Madjeep:<BR><STRONG>Hey did it really make your car much louder cuz I have that airflow sensor on mine and it restricts the airflow causing the car not to be as loud as I would have liked. Madjeep</STRONG><HR></BLOCKQUOTE><P><BR>We ALL have that air flow meter [except Mike P, but he doesnt count]. The car will not run without it. It measures how much air comes into your engine, which the ECU uses to tell the injectors how much fuel to inject. Without fuel, you have a really oversized lawn ornament...
David Coleman
I used to know alot about MX-3's, but not so much anymore. Oh well.

Return to “V6 Technical/Performance”