Re: Mazda6 220HP 3.0L V6 swap?

Post by Sonicxtacy02 »

amen pelado!
Shaun Newman
SOLD 1994 Blaze Red GS/ SOLD 1994 Chaste White GS-R
Silkwyrm

Post by Silkwyrm »

Pelado, Why would this be different after 2 years? Excuse my ignorance.<P>Others, Thanks for the input I was mostly hoping to hear someone say this is a new K series engine with similar mounts. So far we seem to have a lot of speculation. Which is fine. I will just keep my fingers crossed until more info becomes available. Swapping the engine in my baby seems like such a far away dream anyway. I wont have spare income till my wife gets out of school. Then theres getting a house with a dream garage so I can build my dream car. Its all very far in the future for me. But I hope someone gives this idea a try if indeed the 3.0L will fit.
Psyrg

Post by Psyrg »

Wow, this thread has really exploded...<P>Barry, thats one mean MX5. I've heard of rotary conersions, but that wins out any day. A 5.0L MX-3, no one would believe you. :)<P>Although I havnt been able to glean much physical data about the new Mazda 6 engine, one could assume certain similarities between the new V6 and the sucessful KL series. Its certainly worth investigation by any account. As far as electrics are concerned, I'm actually about to complete an electrical engineering degree. ECUs dont phase me as much anymore... :)<P>Evil G, thats some good KL-ZE info. I really want to try a KL-ZE swap, I think it might be a good idea to start with something strait forward, with a good knowlege base. <P>As far as a Lysholm supercharger is concerned, the KJ would be an excellent soucre. I dont see myself trying to make one on a lathe... :)<P>As you will know, only the intake is modified in a Miller cycle engine, requiring only new cams. Looking at how cams are ground however, it might be just as easy to try installing a vtec cam. Still, theoretically the Millar cycle engine is quite a nifty idea. I cant think of any worthwhile links, but the basic idea is that the compression ratio is decreased so that the air in the cylinder is cooler at the ignition point. This is achieved by injecting a sufficent level of intercooled boost to make up for the compression loss. We all know cold air is more thermodynamically efficent, thus giving more power at the flywheel per unit fuel. Its so simple you could kick yourself.<P>As far as the nationals go, you wont see me on the track until I have something worthy of first place. :)<P>Finally, I'm going to have to agree with everyone who has posted arguments in this thead. I guess we wont learn much about the new Mazda6 until we get to play with the engine, but it is reasonable to assume the new engine is at least somewhat similar to a KL series engine. It is a common practise to make the fewest modifications to a proven design. Unfortunatly for those who reside in New Zealand, our vehicles are mostly second hand imports so we may not see them for awhile. Fortunatly, we are the final destination for a good majority of Eunos 800s, the easiest way to get your hands on a jspec KL-ZE. ;)
bugz

Post by bugz »

if anyone finds out that the trany an everything will bold up ill do it is there gonna be any room if the 2.5 fits snug then is the 3.0..the block has room to expand but the top half of the motor dont..thats the half thats a squeeze.. im really interested in this swap
92GS.KLze 2.5 ,CT26 TURBO,40K MILES,Ram air intake,2.5 cat back,coming.pullys,cams,Pistons,
valves & springs,venom injectors.
pelado

Post by pelado »

After a new car hits the scene, it takes about two years before the salvaged auto inventory makes the parts necessary for the swap commonly available. You can buy it before then but you'll be paying through the nose since you're competing with auto rebuilders and others interested in repairing cars vs. swapping engines.
KLZE, ZE PCM, UR pulley, PS catback, PS STS, PRM, IAC bypass, 64mm TB, FOP hair gel
Psyrg

Post by Psyrg »

Most definatly. It still dosnt mean we arnt allowed to think about it and drool... :)<P>After seening that MX5, all I want to do is see if I can find a 5L V8 that will fit in an MX3... :p

Return to “V6 Technical/Performance”