Loss of Power

V6 Technical/Performance Discussions
phyzy

Loss of Power

Post by phyzy »

I have a question for you guys, which is kinda weird. (FYI:I just had the ZE, tranny, dropped in and a new rack&pinion installed) Ok, so when I shift from 1st to 2nd and its a straight away, the car is fine. When I'm making a right turn, and I shift from 1st to 2nd during the shift at about half way through the turn, the car will just die for about 1.5-2 seconds. Then, it'll pick up crazy power and go again. Can you guys help me out? Thanks.
andy

Re: Loss of Power

Post by andy »

Sounds like an air leak. check for hairline cracks in the intake tubing.<BR> could also be a lose electrical connection<BR>exagerated by turning.<BR> How are the motor mounts?<BR> Does it do this turning left or right?<BR> or one way and not the other?<BR>Andy P. 93 GS
phyzy

Post by phyzy »

ALright, motor mounts are ok. What I found out was, after a little more driving, its not only 2nd gear, it happened while turning in 5th. Also, occasionally, my rpm goes from 1k to 1.5k, but its only occasionally while idling (guessing its a vacuum leak, cuz some vacuum piping is not even connected!). But it still seems to be only while turning right, but not only 90 degree turns. Sometimes, its only by switching to the right lane. The biggest thing is, it happens sometimes, and not other times. I was suspecting it might be the rack&pinion? Because, its just a little bit harder to turn right, than left. But I'm curious as to which electrical connection could be loose.
jeremyw

Post by jeremyw »

hey how much horsepower does the v6 have?
voltaire

Post by voltaire »

Sounds like it might be power steering related?
phyzy

Post by phyzy »

That's what i thought at first, but the power steering should have absolutely no effect on the engine feeling like its dead for a sec or two right? And plus, for that moment, i can still move the steering wheel without it becoming all stiff or whatever.
davidosk024

Post by davidosk024 »

fuel pump?<BR>electrics?<BR>fuse relays?
In
Eunos 30x, v6
KL-ZE, 2.5in exhaust, K&N intake
Unichip, LSD, 13lb flywheel, ACT2 clutch, NGK iridium Plugs, Top Gun Leads...<p>Goin In
Cams, Headers, TB, Extractors,
Bored to 2.8, Mazdaspeed Struts, Mazdaspeed strut tops,
Mazdaspeed swaybars, Eibach springs, Cusco Adj. Strut tops, Body kit, Altezza lights, Short shifter, Crossdrilled rotors and Calipers from AP racing, Braided brake lines, Braided clutch line, Mazdaspeed steering wheel, Mazdaspeed Leather shift knob,
raidermaniac

Post by raidermaniac »

i had this same problem in the beginning my car would die only when i took a hard right turn,then it got worse to the point of whenever i turned right it would die for a second like it was running out of fuel,so i changed the fuel pump problem cured,i guess it could be many things but in my case it was the fuel pump,i found it weird too that it only did it when i turned right
all i ask is that morgan die in a car crash
David Coleman

Post by David Coleman »

Sounds like a ripped intake boot.
David Coleman
I used to know alot about MX-3's, but not so much anymore. Oh well.
phyzy

Post by phyzy »

Thanks for the help guys, but it seems to have just worked itself out. I didn't even get a chance to try to fix it. Sometimes patience is the best thing I guess. I did change from regular to premium fuel and added some steering fluid, but it wasn't low, just medium... thats the only thing I can think of. Thanks again though.
aaronthehic

Post by aaronthehic »

i dont beleive there even was a problem! ;)
13.023 @ 105 mph

Return to “V6 Technical/Performance”