clutch

V6 Technical/Performance Discussions
bugz

clutch

Post by bugz »

i have some questions .i just bought a new clutch an iv never installed one before does anyone know the process on the install i heard alot about having to pull the engine an everyones telling me i cant do it i got chilton for help .. id appreciate any advice
92GS.KLze 2.5 ,CT26 TURBO,40K MILES,Ram air intake,2.5 cat back,coming.pullys,cams,Pistons,
valves & springs,venom injectors.
lazzyie

Re: clutch

Post by lazzyie »

<A HREF="http://www.mx-3.com/#" TARGET=_blank>link</A> to online shop manual, I am not going to lie to you, if youve never done this its going to take a while, if you really want to though...
93 Mx-3 GS klze swapped(sold)
96 Integra LS DD
91 Crx Si drag car
2.0L sleeved gsr block, forged internals, skunk2 valvetrain, HP racing intake manifold, Holset H1 turbo, 1000cc injectors, short geared lsd transmission, 3" turboback exhaust. 20 psi :)
bugz

Post by bugz »

yea iv got the chilton shop manual an a clutch alienment kit an the toold i think but my biggest concern is how hard is it to drop the trany .. iv but yea thanks
92GS.KLze 2.5 ,CT26 TURBO,40K MILES,Ram air intake,2.5 cat back,coming.pullys,cams,Pistons,
white fish

Post by white fish »

the tool comes in the box with the clutch<P>the tranny is heavy so use a jack so support it
davidosk024

Post by davidosk024 »

pull out the engine read the book cause its a bastard of a long job
In
Eunos 30x, v6
KL-ZE, 2.5in exhaust, K&N intake
Unichip, LSD, 13lb flywheel, ACT2 clutch, NGK iridium Plugs, Top Gun Leads...<p>Goin In
Cams, Headers, TB, Extractors,
Bored to 2.8, Mazdaspeed Struts, Mazdaspeed strut tops,
Mazdaspeed swaybars, Eibach springs, Cusco Adj. Strut tops, Body kit, Altezza lights, Short shifter, Crossdrilled rotors and Calipers from AP racing, Braided brake lines, Braided clutch line, Mazdaspeed steering wheel, Mazdaspeed Leather shift knob,
bugz

Post by bugz »

well im donr it took me from friday at 6 to sunday morning .. yea it was a pain ..well i think its in right the only thing is its not what i expected ..kinda a mushy clutch doesnt fully ingage till clutch is inch from top..i think i need to bleed it more any ideas an thanks for the advice everyone
white fish

Post by white fish »

did you change the pilot/throw out bearings
Evil G

Post by Evil G »

Sounds like you may need to firstly bleed your clutch (Altho if it isn't bled that should make it engage easier) .... you also may need to adjust your clutch pedal (as per the specs in chilton)
'93 MX-3 (Eunos Presso)<BR>Custom Intake<BR>10mm ignition leads<BR>Straight through exhaust (no cats)<BR>Automatic->Manual trans. conversion
aaronthehic

Post by aaronthehic »

I pulled the motor because the bolt on the sub frame broke and were welded<P>It's nice to see the clutch when you install<BR>it <P>I had the machine shop deck down the flywheel mounting surface of the pressure plate to give more force on the disc :)
13.023 @ 105 mph
bugz

Post by bugz »

yea i bled it an changed the pilot an throw out bearing .. i think i need to bleed it more not sure bled it 5 times .... i was aslo told that theres no adjustment by the pedal due to its hydrolic .. didnt think of getting a clutc for the 2.5 not a bad idea .. thanks. the joint from the ruber hose to the metal ling for the cluch was leaking but now i get a drop like every5 hrs .. could that be causeing it .. thank everyone for the advise

Return to “V6 Technical/Performance”