blue smoke on start up

V6 Technical/Performance Discussions
SimonPK

blue smoke on start up

Post by SimonPK »

My '93 V6 with 167,000kms is putting out a small cloud of blue smoke on start-up. It lasts around 5 to 10 secs and then clears. It doesn't smell like oil burning - any ideas? Slow warm up cat, rings, valve guides?
FinaJet07

Re: blue smoke on start up

Post by FinaJet07 »

Hmmmmm souds like a rod's about to blast,but it could be a number of things, get it checked out quick bro, or just say f*ck it and get a klze!
ProtegeSTS

Post by ProtegeSTS »

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Lance:<BR><STRONG>Hmmmmm souds like a rod's about to blast,but it could be a number of things, get it checked out quick bro, or just say f*ck it and get a klze!</STRONG><HR></BLOCKQUOTE><P><BR>how would a rod cause blue smoke?? <P>Anyway...id guess valve guides or seats.
-93 MR2
#129 E-stock
FinaJet07

Post by FinaJet07 »

figure of speech bro, i meant he's probablly about to be running on 3 cyclinders, does everyone on here that knows s--- about cars have to flip out when somethin is said that they dont agree with?
andy

Post by andy »

Just your typical seeping from valve guides<BR>while the car sits. keep an eye on your oil <BR>level.<P> Should you get it fixed? yes<BR> Do you have to get it fixed ? no<P> The oil thats being burned can cause other<BR>problems down the road. one of those is not<BR>a bent rod unless you let the oil level get so low as to seize a bearing.<P> The cost of replacing the valve guides could justify getting a 2.5l replacement.<BR>Andy P. 93 GS
pelado

Post by pelado »

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Lance:<BR><STRONG>figure of speech bro, i meant he's probablly about to be running on 3 cyclinders, does everyone on here that knows s--- about cars have to flip out when somethin is said that they dont agree with?</STRONG><HR></BLOCKQUOTE><P>Nobody flipped out except for you. Lighten up, you can't always be right. Except....for me, of course!<P> :D
KLZE, ZE PCM, UR pulley, PS catback, PS STS, PRM, IAC bypass, 64mm TB, FOP hair gel
MAZDASPEED STEVE

Post by MAZDASPEED STEVE »

When your car spits out blue smoke, it could be a number of things. :) <BR>Good luck
THANX
MAZDASPEED
STEVE

Return to “V6 Technical/Performance”