oil useage

V6 Technical/Performance Discussions
zeek

oil useage

Post by zeek »

ya just wonderin....im takin my car to go back to school in the fall. im gona be puttin probably about 5000 kilimeters on it. as it is right now i go through about a quart of oil a fill up. i know its gona be expensive havin to buy that much oil but am i doing any dammage to the motor by haveing to put oil into it all the time?<BR>thanks later all
Stevech_2001

Re: oil useage

Post by Stevech_2001 »

well seeing that damage is already done (burning tons of oil)....it's just getting you buy till it stops running...if you cant' afford anything cause you are in school then I guess you have no choice but it sounds like it's on it's last legs...try changing the oil with "max life valveline" and put some "engine restor" in it to maybe seal up the rings and seals abit....
Steve
LoXOnline

Post by LoXOnline »

Ye, hes right, try getting some type of additive to put in the oil, something that says something liek stop leak or piston/engine sealer. Read the labels of the bottles and buy wha seems to be what you need.
jfbourgault

Post by jfbourgault »

what are you guys talking about!<BR>is it a 4cyl or a 6 cyl.<BR>I got a 6cyl abd the thing uses ¾ quart of oil per oil change, wich is pretty normal considering the car is driven pretty hard(not beating the crap out of it, but driving it hard). mazda v6 enginse are reknown to be using a little more oil after a certain millage( keep in mind i've got only 127 000 km (78 000 miles) on my car, so it's not on it's final legs!<BR>If your car is a 4 cyl, then you've got a problem!
92 mx-3 GS .greeeeeeeen!<BR>Honda !!!, what do you mean Honda??<BR>Oh sorry, you meant that piece of crap parked next to my car! oh sorry again, I meant to say lawnmower....
zeek

Post by zeek »

is it really on its last leg?? dont tell me that. im going to get a compression test done on the valves on thursday and depending on how bad it is i might do a valve job or do the thing witht he oil adhesive to help swell the valves up a lil. but if it still dont work then i might as well let the car run me broke.. :) hehe. whats the price of a vavle job you figure? and ya its the V6 1.8 liter.<BR>thanks for the reply guys<BR>laterz
David Coleman

Post by David Coleman »

For what it's worth, K8's can't have the oil sprayers for the pistons that other K series have, cause the bore is too small. Mine were plugged on my stock K8. So much for blaming that as a source of oil usage...
David Coleman
I used to know alot about MX-3's, but not so much anymore. Oh well.

Return to “V6 Technical/Performance”