My KL-ZE dyno run

V6 Technical/Performance Discussions
curtklze

My KL-ZE dyno run

Post by curtklze »

Just wanted to show what my KL-ZE MX-3 did on the dyno.<P>The car has a Millenia 2.5L KL-ZE from Japan with a KL-ZE chip from E.L.Prototypes, stock exhaust manifolds, stock exhaust, no coldair intake kit, just a K&N panel air filter in the stock air box.<P>The car was tested HOT and then re-tested after an 8 min cool down( the car was still so hot you couldn't put your hand on the intake manifold) and I lifted the lid of the air box. <BR> Image<p>[ August 06, 2002: Message edited by: curtklze ]
DONT SHIP WITH UPS!!! DIE UPS DIE!!!!!
Yes, I AM a bastard
Here is my web site, I made this last year but didnt feel like shareing it untill now.
http://members.rogers.com/curts-klze/

How does this guy know so much?
He's a licenced BMW technician.
pcperez83

Re: My KL-ZE dyno run

Post by pcperez83 »

isn't it supposed to be at 200 if it's kl-ze? why only 150? :)
Jspec

Post by Jspec »

well its a known fact that when a car is run on a dyno it measures the horsepower going to the wheels. so therefore one will lose horsepower going through the drivetrain. also he stated that he was using stock "everyhting" and he will lose some hp thatway.
Live your life a quarter mile at a time!! Payback is a mother!!
killerpickle

Post by killerpickle »

The klze is suffocating...<BR>Some cold air, and free flow exhaust...2.5 inch piping would do wonders... 15 hp? who knows...<P>I forget the calculation (rough) for powertrain to wheel power loss, was it 20%? 10?....
Tom Alexander
93 MX3 GSR - KLZE / stage 3 clutch / PRM Intake / 2.25" exhaust - dual 3" outlet
full custom black and red interior / KLZE ECU / JE50 VAF
http://home.cogeco.ca/~mx3/ - updated dec 1/03
OsoSlo z28

Post by OsoSlo z28 »

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by killerpickle:<BR><STRONG>The klze is suffocating...<BR>Some cold air, and free flow exhaust...2.5 inch piping would do wonders... 15 hp? who knows...<P>I forget the calculation (rough) for powertrain to wheel power loss, was it 20%? 10?....</STRONG><HR></BLOCKQUOTE><P><BR>yeah, it's an average of 15-20% loss, depending on the drive train. 2wd cars it's usually 15%
Fast imports only come on two wheels.
"MR." Ashley Fowler
'02 Yamaha Warrior (1700cc)
'94 MX-3 RS-t (BPT)~ sold
cardomain pics
Custommx3
Site Administrator
antispam: ~SPAM*SUX~

Post by Custommx3 »

You'll deffinatley see tons of improvement once you get an intake an exhaust. Are you running ritch or have a rough idle?<BR>Are you using the curved neck KLZE (ms8)?
curtklze

Post by curtklze »

The best calculation I've found is <P>whp 156 divided by 0.85 = 183.5 engine H.P<P>or to find what your whp should be<P>200 H.P x 0.85 = 170 whp<P>I'm using the curved neck manifold because thats what came on the engine when I got it :D )<P>my car runs fine the idle is smoooth.<P>when hot the idle is around 1600 rpms but thats fine with me(probably helps cool the engine more by circulating the coolant more)<P>some times the idle surges but thats only when its been idling for a while and the idle is around 750.
Yes, I AM a bastard
Here is my web site, I made this last year but didnt feel like shareing it untill now.

Custommx3
Site Administrator
antispam: ~SPAM*SUX~

Post by Custommx3 »

all ZE's ive seen have the kl01 cams, pauls and David colemans both have them/<BR>here isa high res pic of the # I took of the ZE cams (ms8)<BR><A HREF="http://custommx3.kicks-a--.net/DCP_1751.JPG" TARGET=_blank>DCP_1751.JPG</A>
David Coleman

Post by David Coleman »

All Millenia ZE's have the torquier KL01 cams, because they were in big luxobarges. Note: all KL01 cams are not created equal...<P>KL31 cams seem to only come in MX-6 KLZE's.
David Coleman
I used to know alot about MX-3's, but not so much anymore. Oh well.
Sinistral

Post by Sinistral »

YOur loosing 40 Hp at the weel!! That's too much!! the kl-ze at weel it's probably 170Hp +...so.. like the other one say's.. the motor is suffocating :)
curtklze

Post by curtklze »

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Sinistral:<BR><STRONG>YOur loosing 40 Hp at the weel!! That's too much!! the kl-ze at weel it's probably 170Hp +...so.. like the other one say's.. the motor is suffocating :)</STRONG><HR></BLOCKQUOTE><P>Nice Math skills<P>my car 156 W.H.P<BR>normal klze 170 W.H.P<P>170-156 = 40 whp?<P>how about 170-156= 14 whp<P>my car is 14 W.H.P lower than a regular klze.<P><BR>Also I have heard of Millenia's with the KL-31 cams and MX-6's with the KL-01 cams with a standard trans.<P>mazda would mix and match depending on years and if the car was a special package or going to a specific region.
Yes, I AM a bastard

white fish

Post by white fish »

remember what kinda fuel they use in Japan and the junk we use here
Zoso124
Forum Moderator
antispam: No

Post by Zoso124 »

I don't remember, whats the difference and how does it effect performance? [img]shrug.gif"%20border="0[/img]
Mike Evans
Gone:
92 GS Tropical Emerald MTX 2.5L
93 GS Raspberry Metallic SE MTX 1.8L
ghandi1981

Post by ghandi1981 »

hey curt with a cai and bigger exhaust do you think it will add that extra 15 hps?? also what would the 1/4 mile difference be??<BR>AJ
resurected KL-ZE,ZE ECU, 9lb Fidanza Flywheel, CMIII, home depot CAI, Hiflow Cat, 2 1/2" piping, exhaust, 2 MASS 2012's, Cadence A7, Blaupunkt Casablanca, and a no damn CEL light!!!
curtklze

Post by curtklze »

In this months issue(sept 2002) of Sport Compact Car on page 84 they say about a high output lancer AWD<BR> "Bozz's lancer runs on normal 98 octane japanese pump gas(Thanks to a different octane scale, thats roughly equivalent to 94 or 95 here.)"<P>so a klze should run fine on sunoco ultra 94, and mine dose.<P>when I put the nitrous on it I will add octane boost and a bigger fuel pump.
Yes, I AM a bastard

Return to “V6 Technical/Performance”