axle removal...........what a biatch!!!!

V6 Technical/Performance Discussions
KNOCKOUT

axle removal...........what a biatch!!!!

Post by KNOCKOUT »

Damn, what's with my drivers side axle. This is the second time that I have to remove it. The first time was because of the KL-ZE swap, but now it's because I have a bad oil seal.<P>The problem is that I've been trying for the life of me to get this thing out and nothing's working. I don't think it was that difficult the first time. The only difference between the two is that this axle is a "new" one.....autozone refurbished. I'm wondering if there's some sort of special technique that you guys have used or what. The shop manual just says to carefully pry it out with a bar of some sort.............damn, I'm ready to hook-up an electric winch to it. Any suggestions???
Do it.......Do it.......<BR>Do it ti'll you're satisfied!
David Coleman

Re: axle removal...........what a biatch!!!!

Post by David Coleman »

Some have little retention rings on them to keep them in place. Mine do not [Thank God!]. To remove the ones with the rings, use a prybar or nail puller wedged in between the gearbox housing and axle hump thingy and pull hard.
David Coleman
I used to know alot about MX-3's, but not so much anymore. Oh well.
mazdaspeed002

Post by mazdaspeed002 »

Just grab it and pull straight out as hard as you can with quick jerks, or try and pry it out with a hammer like David said...just watch out you don't rip any boots. I had no problem getting them out, but getting them in has takin me hours before.
Hex3

Post by Hex3 »

WELL I HAD TO TAKE MINE OUT LAST WEEK (KL-ZE SWAP) USE A CHISEL PUT IT between the axle and the gear box watch out not to damage the gear box -dont worry about the axle since u are getting a new one hit it with a hammer and it should slid out like butter...lol..
2.5 KL-ZE, BBS rims, I the front i have to falkin Azenis, Intrax Springs, CM Stage 1 clutch, and Fidanza flywheel, Pacesetter short shifter, Tociko Blue Struts, Sparco Steering Wheel, Yellow Top Battery
Alpine Type R Subs 10's, Alpine 2 Channel Amp, Alpine 4 channel
Amp, Alpine Alarm,Alpine Headunit
14.8 @ 94.2(with vaccume lick)
KNOCKOUT

Post by KNOCKOUT »

Yep, that's pretty-much what I tried for 2.5hrs on Saturday........guess I'll just have to keep at it.<P>I am seriously thinkin' about using the winch idea..... [img]shrug.gif"%20border="0[/img]
Do it.......Do it.......<BR>Do it ti'll you're satisfied!

Return to “V6 Technical/Performance”