egr valve

V6 Technical/Performance Discussions
Jspec

egr valve

Post by Jspec »

I just threw in a kl-ze engine in my mx-3 by myself. I had 3 codes come up on my engine once I got the american 626 ecu w/ mass air flow sensor or VAF from the same 626 put in. 2 of the 3 codes dealt with the O2 sensors and the 3'rd one delt with the egr valve so I went up to a parts store and got the probe gt O2 bosch sensors and I had to splice them in since the connectors where the same gender. with the new O2 sensors the constant CEL went away but I still get an "intermittent" CEL once I have been driving for a couple of miles under low RPM's. so I am assuming that CEL is from the egr valve since it goes away once I rev it up to high RPM's since the egr turnes off once I am at high rpm's or so I have read. My question is can I have my egr capped off with my "american spec" 626 ecu with no probs or can it be capped off or taken off my engine with kl-ze spec ecu? If it can be capped off or taken out with no probs with the "american spec"? if not with the the "A-spec ecu" can I bypass it with the kl-ze ecu since my kl-ze came with out an egr. If possible with the kl-ze spec ecu where could i get my ecu redone with kl-ze specs and how much would it run me?
Live your life a quarter mile at a time!! Payback is a mother!!
pelado

Re: egr valve

Post by pelado »

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Jspec:<BR><STRONG><BR>1) My question is can I have my egr capped off with my "american spec" 626 ecu with no probs or can it be capped off or taken off my engine with kl-ze spec ecu? <P>2) If it can be capped off or taken out with no probs with the "american spec"? if not with the the "A-spec ecu" can I bypass it with the kl-ze ecu since my kl-ze came with out an egr. <P>3) If possible with the kl-ze spec ecu where could i get my ecu redone with kl-ze specs and how much would it run me?</STRONG><HR></BLOCKQUOTE><P>1) If you "cap" the EGR with the US ECU, then your CEL won't go away, your problem will still be there.<P>2) If you use a KLZE ECU, then sure go ahead and remove it entirely, the ZE ECU doesn't even know it's there.<P>3) You'll have to ask Corksport or E.L. Prototypes, they'd be the best ones to pose this question to.
KLZE, ZE PCM, UR pulley, PS catback, PS STS, PRM, IAC bypass, 64mm TB, FOP hair gel
David Coleman

Post by David Coleman »

I capped my EGR at the valve and manifold and I don't get a CEL. Though, it seems like I'm the exception on that issue...<P>Man, I need a hoist. The engine is so ready to go in. :(
David Coleman
I used to know alot about MX-3's, but not so much anymore. Oh well.
lazzyie

Post by lazzyie »

anyone actually just run the egr? I got it mounted, but i smashed the hell outta the vac/vent solenoids, I need to pick up new ones because I live in California.
93 Mx-3 GS klze swapped(sold)
96 Integra LS DD
91 Crx Si drag car
2.0L sleeved gsr block, forged internals, skunk2 valvetrain, HP racing intake manifold, Holset H1 turbo, 1000cc injectors, short geared lsd transmission, 3" turboback exhaust. 20 psi :)
curtklze

Post by curtklze »

Cork sport(E.L.Prototypes) cant remove the E.G.R function un-less they have your car and the computer, and it will take a couple of days. So un-less you live in calaforia its probabley beter to come up with something else.<P><BR>If you were a good boy and got a curved neck manifold off a Millenia, you can hook up the millenia E.G.R system and it will work just fine.<P>Or if you are using an american 2.5 or 1.8 intake manifold you can just run the stock 1.8 EGR system(just remember to use the american intake manifold gaskets) you just have to transfer a small hole plug from the rear head of the 1.8 to the same spot on the KL-ZE(its on the head just under the throttle body)<P>If you have a straight neck KL-ZE manifold you can bolt your old egr system on to the new motor the SAME way it was on the 1.8.<P>BUT!!! when you bolt the EGR valve on to the back of the cylinder head dont remove the block off plate that SHOULD be there if it is a KL-ZE(Mine came with 4), you may need slightly longer bolts.<P><BR>Now hook up the connector to the top of the EGR valve.<P>This way the computer is still activating the egr and it is opening and closing the way it should and the EGR sensor is telling the computer that the EGR is working, but the exhaust gas cant get past the block off plate so you wont have any leaks at the intake manifold.
DONT SHIP WITH UPS!!! DIE UPS DIE!!!!!
Yes, I AM a bastard
Here is my web site, I made this last year but didnt feel like shareing it untill now.
http://members.rogers.com/curts-klze/

How does this guy know so much?
He's a licenced BMW technician.
KNOCKOUT

Post by KNOCKOUT »

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by curtklze:<BR><STRONG>Cork sport(E.L.Prototypes) cant remove the E.G.R function un-less they have your car and the computer, and it will take a couple of days. So un-less you live in calaforia its probabley beter to come up with something else.<P><BR>.</STRONG><HR></BLOCKQUOTE><P>That's not true; Corksport currently has my ecu and is removing the egr code. It's an actual chip that has to be removed.
Do it.......Do it.......<BR>Do it ti'll you're satisfied!
curtklze

Post by curtklze »

I would doubble check with cork sport.<P><BR>I sent them my computer for upgrading and one of the reasons was because they said that they could remove the egr function.<P>4 weeks later I got my computer back<P><BR>after I got the egr code on from my dash I was not happy :mad: , I called them up and after they talked to E.L. Prototypes they said that the guy that programmes the chips needed a car there so he could mess around with it and figure out what needed to be changed or removed.<P>I had asked them before I sent my computer if it was possossible and they said yes.<P><BR>Dont be suprised if your light comes on and they tell you the same thing they told me.
DONT SHIP WITH UPS!!! DIE UPS DIE!!!!!
Yes, I AM a bastard
Here is my web site, I made this last year but didnt feel like shareing it untill now.
http://members.rogers.com/curts-klze/

How does this guy know so much?
He's a licenced BMW technician.
ProtegeSTS

Post by ProtegeSTS »

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by KNOCKOUT:<BR><STRONG><P>That's not true; Corksport currently has my ecu and is removing the egr code. It's an actual chip that has to be removed.</STRONG><HR></BLOCKQUOTE><P>There is no "chip" on Mazda ECUs...
-93 MR2
#129 E-stock
pelado

Post by pelado »

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by ProtegeSTS:<BR><STRONG><P>There is no "chip" on Mazda ECUs...</STRONG><HR></BLOCKQUOTE><P>So what are these people talking about when they talk about de-soldering the chip and putting in a surface mount? The posts I read were written by software engineers and if they call it a "chip", that's good enough for me. And if you want to get technical, it's not an ECU, it's a PCME.
KLZE, ZE PCM, UR pulley, PS catback, PS STS, PRM, IAC bypass, 64mm TB, FOP hair gel
ProtegeSTS

Post by ProtegeSTS »

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by pelado:<BR><STRONG><P>So what are these people talking about when they talk about de-soldering the chip and putting in a surface mount? The posts I read were written by software engineers and if they call it a "chip", that's good enough for me. And if you want to get technical, it's not an ECU, it's a PCME.</STRONG><HR></BLOCKQUOTE><P><BR>when most people say "chip", they mean something that you can unplug and plug in. We dont have this sort of thing.
-93 MR2
#129 E-stock
OsoSlo z28

Post by OsoSlo z28 »

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by ProtegeSTS:<BR><STRONG><P><BR>when most people say "chip", they mean something that you can unplug and plug in. We dont have this sort of thing.</STRONG><HR></BLOCKQUOTE><P>i agree. for us to have a "chip", a socket must soldered into the circuit to allow the plug-n-play e-prom.
Fast imports only come on two wheels.
"MR." Ashley Fowler
'02 Yamaha Warrior (1700cc)
'94 MX-3 RS-t (BPT)~ sold
cardomain pics
Jspec

Post by Jspec »

ok im kinda confused by curtklze's reply about hooking up my egr valve. if anyone can simplify it to retard terms i would greatly appreciate it. im going to tackle that damn egr valve tomorrow. i shall prevail!!!!!
Live your life a quarter mile at a time!! Payback is a mother!!

Return to “V6 Technical/Performance”