02 sensor issues

V6 Technical/Performance Discussions
lazzyie

02 sensor issues

Post by lazzyie »

I pulled both my 02 sensors because I am doing the swap and they both were pulling codes, I have 4 wire ones but they have 2 black, 1 white and 1 blue, the black are heater wires, the other ones are signal and ground anyone know which is which? Also parts stores around here don't want to sell me universal 4 wire because they say that the heat levels are different. Anyone have part numbers? Thanks all
93 Mx-3 GS klze swapped(sold)
96 Integra LS DD
91 Crx Si drag car
2.0L sleeved gsr block, forged internals, skunk2 valvetrain, HP racing intake manifold, Holset H1 turbo, 1000cc injectors, short geared lsd transmission, 3" turboback exhaust. 20 psi :)
curtklze

Re: 02 sensor issues

Post by curtklze »

DONT use universal O2 sensors, I've never had anything but trouble with them.<P>Use bosch direct fit or Mazda direct fit O2 sensors.<P>Trust me, they may cost more but you will only have to the job once and you wont have to splice and solder any thing.
DONT SHIP WITH UPS!!! DIE UPS DIE!!!!!
Yes, I AM a bastard
Here is my web site, I made this last year but didnt feel like shareing it untill now.
http://members.rogers.com/curts-klze/

How does this guy know so much?
He's a licenced BMW technician.
pelado

Post by pelado »

I bought two four wire universal O2 sensors from nopi. About $47 each, no CELs, no problems. You DO have to crimp the living hell out of the connectors, though. The first time I did one I thought I had crimped it good enough but I picked it up and the wire fell right out! Squeeze until you see stars and then do it again. It helps to move the heat sensitive insulators back when you're doing this.<BR>I wrapped the connections with electrical tape just to keep any tension from pulling too hard on these connectors.<BR>I make it sound worse than it is. It was worth the money and effort.<P>I went to the garage and found one of the boxes. They're made by NTK (same as NGK), part number 21027. Here's the info from the 1-800 number: blue to black, white to gray, blacks to whites.
KLZE, ZE PCM, UR pulley, PS catback, PS STS, PRM, IAC bypass, 64mm TB, FOP hair gel
Jspec

Post by Jspec »

On my new kl-ze I had 3 codes pop up. 2 of dealt with the O2 sensors and the other one dealt with the egr valve. I went up to the parts store and i got the ford probe gt O2 sensors. Those sensors ended up being the same gender as the connectors that are originally on the 1.8L wiring. I ended up splicing them and the constant CEL went away but the intermittent CEL still came on once I drove my car under low RPM's and it went away once I revved the car up to high rpm's. I have read that the egr valve is not used during high rpm's or "full throttle" so my educated guess is that since the intermittent CEL came on during low rpm's and it went away during full throttle or high rpm's that it was the egr. but like i have stated before I had to the swap bymyself since the shops around here have no balls to work on mazda's. anyways I hope I am somewhat correct and that I was able to help ya out.
Live your life a quarter mile at a time!! Payback is a mother!!

Return to “V6 Technical/Performance”