highest hp that can be acheived...

V6 Technical/Performance Discussions
aznwithamx3

highest hp that can be acheived...

Post by aznwithamx3 »

can any one tell me the highest hp that a 2.5 kl-ze mx-3 can reach?
David Coleman

Re: highest hp that can be acheived...

Post by David Coleman »

More than you [or I] can afford.
David Coleman
I used to know alot about MX-3's, but not so much anymore. Oh well.
aznwithamx3

Post by aznwithamx3 »

really?i didnt know they could be cuz not alot of companies make parts for them.i would of though it can only reach like 450 hp or so
VizualXTC

Post by VizualXTC »

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by williamtauch:<BR><STRONG>really?i didnt know they could be cuz not alot of companies make parts for them.i would of though it can only reach like 450 hp or so</STRONG><HR></BLOCKQUOTE><P>Actually you can get pistons and rods that will hold over 20PSI for the KLZE. (20PSI is around 250BHP at sea level) and I'm sure you can get pistons and rods made that will handle MUCH more. The stock crank, I have been told, can handle over 500hp, and if you shot pien it, it will handle over 600HP. So the block can handle it. I havn't heard anything about the upper half tho.
~Ryan~

1994 MX-3 GS Teal
Stock V6 with insane potential
1987 Toyota Pickup
SR5 Xtracab Turbo

--The slow wait until the green light, while the FAST already left when the red went out--

--Sex should be like driving a Honda....slow, obscene, and loud enough for the neighbors to hear--
ImageImage
nicolasbeique

Post by nicolasbeique »

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by williamtauch:<BR><STRONG>really?i didnt know they could be cuz not alot of companies make parts for them.i would of though it can only reach like 450 hp or so</STRONG><HR></BLOCKQUOTE><P>Are you actually consered that your mx-3 would only reached 450 hp??? If you have that much money i think you should invest in a rear-wheel drive car. But hey, if you do end up with a 500+hp front-wheel drive KL-ZE mx-3, tell us about it! <P> :D
<A HREF="http://www.spheregraphics.com/" TARGET=_blank>Image</A>
ProtegeSTS

Post by ProtegeSTS »

Hmm, well...if you cant go turbo, and have to keep the stock bore and stroke, then about 450 whp.<P>If you want to turbo...nobody knows...more than you can imagine.<P><BR>Will it be streetable? Umm, if you like rebuilding every 6 hours, sure :)<p>[ July 08, 2002: Message edited by: ProtegeSTS ]
-93 MR2
#129 E-stock
nicolasbeique

Post by nicolasbeique »

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by ProtegeSTS:<BR><STRONG><BR>Will it be streetable? Umm, if you like rebuilding every 6 hours, sure :)<P>[ July 08, 2002: Message edited by: ProtegeSTS ]</STRONG><HR></BLOCKQUOTE><P>ProtegeSTS: What (parts) would make the engine not street legal that would avoid having to replace stuff all the time? Just confused? What exactly is street legal really? In vancouver i think that its pretty much stock car or inpounded car. (glad Calgary cops don't give a darn)<P>Except for crazy emissions, what is illegal? (except of course for safety stuff like no doors or seats) ;)<P>Thanks
aznwithamx3

Post by aznwithamx3 »

imgetting the bpt cuz i have the 1.6L.i just wanted to know how much the kl-ze can have
ProtegeSTS

Post by ProtegeSTS »

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Nic Beique:<BR><STRONG><P>ProtegeSTS: What (parts) would make the engine not street legal that would avoid having to replace stuff all the time? Just confused? What exactly is street legal really? In vancouver i think that its pretty much stock car or inpounded car. (glad Calgary cops don't give a darn)<P>Except for crazy emissions, what is illegal? (except of course for safety stuff like no doors or seats) ;)<P>Thanks</STRONG><HR></BLOCKQUOTE><P><BR>i said streetable...not street legal. If you push the limits, you cant have a streetable car. It doesnt work.
-93 MR2
#129 E-stock
VizualXTC

Post by VizualXTC »

Street legal = lrgal to drive on the road<BR>Streetable = ability to be driven on the road. <P>In other words, 500HP on an MX-3 would require a VERY agressive clutch. You have to let the car ahead of you get like 5 car lengths before you let out or you'll rear end them, type of thing. It could still be legal, but hard to drive on the road. Although, there is alow 10, high 9 second del Sol that is daily driven around my town, so anything is possible.
~Ryan~

1994 MX-3 GS Teal
Stock V6 with insane potential
1987 Toyota Pickup
SR5 Xtracab Turbo

--The slow wait until the green light, while the FAST already left when the red went out--

--Sex should be like driving a Honda....slow, obscene, and loud enough for the neighbors to hear--
ImageImage
ProtegeSTS

Post by ProtegeSTS »

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by VizualXTC:<BR><STRONG>Street legal = lrgal to drive on the road<BR>Streetable = ability to be driven on the road. <P>In other words, 500HP on an MX-3 would require a VERY agressive clutch. You have to let the car ahead of you get like 5 car lengths before you let out or you'll rear end them, type of thing. It could still be legal, but hard to drive on the road. Although, there is alow 10, high 9 second del Sol that is daily driven around my town, so anything is possible.</STRONG><HR></BLOCKQUOTE><P><BR>Ryan....<P>There is not a 9 sec Del Sol daily driver in your town. To reach 9s, you MUST use wheelie bars, and you can drive around on the street with FWD wheelie bars, since they load up on the ground.<P>The fact that i can build a 500 hp Normally aspirated KL is my point. It will probably last 2-3 hours at most before it decides to explode. This isnt the ideal form of the motor to be put into a street car.
-93 MR2
#129 E-stock
aznwithamx3

Post by aznwithamx3 »

i just want about 325 horses in my mx.maybe when i get an rx-7 i'll push it to 685+hp
aznwithamx3

Post by aznwithamx3 »

well no 325,maybe 285.not alot just enuff to smoke civics and integras and peludes
David Coleman

Post by David Coleman »

Most reliable way to 325whp on the street: KL stroker to ~2.7L, T04E 60 trim, 14-16psi. Probably cost around 5-7k USD. And be careful with the tranny, cause you'll have around 350+ ft lbs to the wheels with that setup as well.
David Coleman
I used to know alot about MX-3's, but not so much anymore. Oh well.
nicolasbeique

Post by nicolasbeique »

325hp is freaken fast, considering they're only about 2500pounds. Could a 325hp turbo-mx3 beat a stock twin-turbo supra? (both good drivers for example)

Return to “V6 Technical/Performance”