Cold Air Intake

V6 Technical/Performance Discussions
Hy300

Cold Air Intake

Post by Hy300 »

I've been thinking about this for a little while now and I figure I should get started soon. I've working out a way to attach a cold air intake to my 92 GS. I was going to obtain the air filter unit from a performance shop and replace the existing air box with it. The problem is getting the cold air to it. Because of the location of the filter it will be getting plenty of warm air from the engine. So I'd need to enclose the filter, but I'm still expecting the same problem. This leaves me with one options. To have an intake hole cut in the hood and have it screened and filtered off, which would look very cool but possibly allow the filter to get wet and water into the intake. If anyone has any better methods or suggestions I'm up for ideas. Thanks
SmokyMcGee

Re: Cold Air Intake

Post by SmokyMcGee »

I cut a hole on the inside of the fender and I have the intake breathing from there. I had to relocate my antifreeze bottle for this.
eD
92 KL-ZE V6 FX-Designs kit
Sparkle Blue
http://smokymcgee.5u.com/index.html
ZUNE MX-3 Gs

Post by ZUNE MX-3 Gs »

I took the no-fog lights out and take cold air from the drivers side port. I have a post in this board with more details called " new cold air intake"
BE FAST!!!
Jesse

Post by Jesse »

I have a 1994 1.6L (4 cyl)DOHC. I don't know if the layout and dimensions are the same for the 6 cyl. but I cut a hole in the bumper and ran a flexhose up to the stock airbox. I remove the resonator on the airbox and cut the hole the same as the O.D. of a plastic cup that I glued onto the air box. Plstic cup's O.D. is the same as the I.D. of the flex hose. In the airbox, I replaced the stock filter with a K & N.
fuzzyboy

Post by fuzzyboy »

hey zune<P>i did a search under new cold air intake and i was not able to find anything for your post.could you please let me know where to find it. :D
fuzzy red mx-3
ZUNE MX-3 Gs

Post by ZUNE MX-3 Gs »

Sorry Fuzzy, I called the post "New Ram air intake" and if you look in 30 days post, in page 4 it stands there
BE FAST!!!
fuzzyboy

Post by fuzzyboy »

thanks zune :D
fuzzy red mx-3

Return to “V6 Technical/Performance”