My idle jumps around and stalls

V6 Technical/Performance Discussions
blazers101

My idle jumps around and stalls

Post by blazers101 »

when i start my car the idle jumps up and then back downwill i am under excelleration my car runs fine when i am just cruising my check engine light comes on. when I come to a stop my idle will go up and down between 1500 and 100rpm (thats right 100rpm). it will also stall out the odd time<P>If anybody can help me solve this problem i would greatly appreciate it <P>Thanks
skyblue

Re: My idle jumps around and stalls

Post by skyblue »

dude, part of this could be related to an air leak in the intake somewhere. my idle was the same untill i sprayed carb cleaner all over my intake and the motor bogged when i sprayed my vacume boxes just under the intake. i needed to replace one of them because it was cracked. this caused for my engine to search like that.<P>skyblue
klze, custome supercharger setup, powerdyne BD 10 charger, holly fuel pump, full stand alone fuel managment (SDS) MSD ignition with blaster coil and much more..
g3939

Post by g3939 »

get a new distributor cap
harold stephens
Coodoodxx

Post by Coodoodxx »

the bottom of the box that holds my air filter has the bottom busted out of it, and my car does the same thing, i haven't fixed it yet cause i just wanna put a forced air system in, thats probably the best bet.
'93 mx-3, 1.8L V6, Red

Return to “V6 Technical/Performance”