HELP!!!

V6 Technical/Performance Discussions
jrs1874

HELP!!!

Post by jrs1874 »

I tried putting my new brake pads on my car and there is not enough clearance space in between the pads to fit it back on the rotor. I have moved the piston as far as it will go back, its flush. Is there anything else I should be doing. I have checked the online manual and it doesn't help me too much. This is on the rear brake pads.<p>[ June 07, 2002: Message edited by: Jrs1874 ]
Jason
Ramdao

Re: HELP!!!

Post by Ramdao »

What I understud is that you pushed the rear caliper piston back, and the pads does not have enough clearence to fit, well let me tell you this that piston can not be push, it has to be rotated, that way it can be retrieve, and then is when you are going to have the needed clearence to fit the brakes pads
jrs1874

Post by jrs1874 »

Yeah I know I meant that sorry I didn't make my self clear. I did rotate the piston and there still isn't enough clearance.
Jason
curtklze

Post by curtklze »

There can only be 2 things wrong.<BR>1)You got the wrong pads.<BR>2)You got the wrong rotors.<P><BR>Some times the number on the box is right but the pads in side are wrong, it happens trust me. [img]shrug.gif"%20border="0[/img]
DONT SHIP WITH UPS!!! DIE UPS DIE!!!!!
Yes, I AM a bastard
Here is my web site, I made this last year but didnt feel like shareing it untill now.
http://members.rogers.com/curts-klze/

How does this guy know so much?
He's a licenced BMW technician.
jrs1874

Post by jrs1874 »

I'll check with Autozone.
Jason

Return to “V6 Technical/Performance”